01x Inner CV sizing or measurements needed

Does anyone have any information on the inner CV joint for this 01X transaxle? I had to go with this from Lithuania and I know it went to a AUDI A4 B7 8E – I’m assuming a 2.0 TDI 6Spd car.... But it didn’t come with axles. Trying to get them made and while it have the outer CVs to measure- I don’t have any info other than the bolt spacing on the inner – and I might be over thinking it but I only get 1 shot and they are about a grand, so I want to make sure its right!

Are they common on us cars? I don’t mind buying one for research- just not sold as a single part number! Thanks for any help on this- I might end up having to a used one from across the pond and send it to my guy just to verify!

Call scott at advanced automotion.. He will know

i know- i just thought i would ask the community first... try other avenues before pestering those that get paid for this type of info! truthfully he will probably end up rebuilding mine in the long run!

Here you go. Here's what I made up to adapt mine to take more regular CV Joints.

Brett

Wow- perfect! i am assuming the red would match the output flange on the 01x transaxle? so those are 104mm center to center across the diameter.

Thanks!

Phil, on my ‘88 Esprit conversion (SBF) I used an Audi 016 with off the shelf Porsche 930 CV’s and off the shelf Porsche axles. No adapter needed. This made things quite easy, and inexpensive. The CV's and axles are very, very strong and should easily handle your NA power....perhaps not your turbo power. There are a variety of porsche axle lengths available that work with the 930 CV's (28 spline). The outboard flange on your Esprit has the same size/bolt pattern as the 930 CV's.

Your inboard (transaxle output) flanges on your 01X might be the same size and bolt pattern as with the 016. You may also be able to use the same stock axles.

Shoot me a pm for more info if you want

Last edited:
thanks Cliff- my Audi inner plate is a different size than the lotus outer axle connection. i know the Porsche G50 is the same bolt pattern as the lotus (same on both sides) so that would be easier for sure! appears the 01X is different that the olders audis !

Hi, I'm using an AUDI 012 box with the large Output Flanges and had adapters plates made up similar to those posted above. Used standard CV Shafts from a Holden Commodore (Read V8 GM-Pontiac GTO).
20170425_125036 Gearbox Output Flange Adapter Plates  (Medium).jpg

20170425_125812 Gearbox Output Flange Adapter Plates Fitted GBox (Medium).jpg

20170425_135540 Gearbox Output Flange Adapter Plates fitted to CV (Medium).jpg

So how much are these spacers y’all are having made costing? If I’m going 1k in the hole on driveshafts - I guess I should check on that first as I know 930 shafts will Work on the Lotus side and are available in various lengths... its finding the right lengths that’s the issue-wish they made a list or plug in for bolt pattern and overall length and spit out all the available options!

Question- how much are y’all paying for these spacers? I just got a $650 quote...seemed a little out of the ordinary!

uh huh

Think mine were around £100-120 when I had them done. As I mentioned on my PM, mine are in steel, not ally.

By the way, the reason my spacers are different sizes is so I could get custom driveshafts made in the same length. Think I even managed to use one of their standard length too to save a bit of extra money here in the UK: Driveshafts

uh huh

Think mine were around £100-120 when I had them done. As I mentioned on my PM, mine are in steel, not ally.

By the way, the reason my spacers are different sizes is so I could get custom driveshafts made in the same length. Think I even managed to use one of their standard length too to save a bit of extra money here in the UK:

Yea- I found a standard length that will work - which got me excited... but the $630 was for steel! Im having some friends look at it and see what i get back.. I can have custom ones with no spacers made fro like $850.

Got some awesome help on this so far- thanks to everyone that has offered up solutions and help!

there was talk a one point in a recent conversation that there could possibly be a 108mm output flange that can be swapped into an 01x transaxle- alleviating all headaches! I emailed Scott on his website as if anyone is going to know or even have something like that- it would be him!

Thanks again and ill post the results when i finally figure out the plan.

Back