Can AC be added later

I am looking to buy or build a GT40 replica. I have seen multiple GT40's that don't have AC. How hard is it to add? I haven't found a kit yet other than a kit car manufacturer. Has anyone add ac after a build? Any pics of the AC install? Thought about electric driven compressors vs engine driven.

I sure this is a stupid question but what is rule 2 regarding names? Is that the name or my car manufacturer because I have not built or purchased yet. First time on this forum.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Vintage Air offer a good variety of retrofit kits, with small integrated heater and A/C units, that is the route I will go.

As for name, you have to use your real name not a pseudonym.

Ron McCall

Supporter
I built my RCR GT40 without AC and added it years later to help to sell it. It was just about the worst configuration imaginable ( Roll cage, NASCAR engine with 5 stage dry sump) . It was a chore to package the compressor but in the end it worked out great.

Ron

Low Roller, I built mine and installed all of the AC system, plugged the lines, but left out the AC compressor, so if I ever decide on AC later, just need to replace the Dryer, connect the lines to the compressor, evacuate the system, and charge it. If not, it's all there for the next owner to decide/install. Could be a good thing to have if/when the time comes to sell the car.

I sure this is a stupid question but what is rule 2 regarding names? Is that the name or my car manufacturer because I have not built or purchased yet. First time on this forum.

2. Use Your Real Name: If you have signed up with some sort of “handle” go to your User Control Panel (User CP link in the menu bar) and change your Public Name under “Edit Your Details” to your real name. GT40s.com does not support user handles, you need to use the name your mother gave you, not a nickname. We don't care how long you've been using your nickname. Only one registration per real person, we use login IP addresses and other means to determine "multiple personalities". We wish to know who we’re talking to and who is accountable for their posts on the forum. GT40s.com reserves the right to ban users at any time, for any reason. Hint, the answer to the registration question is Real Name

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Vinod...
Yes, correct, you must use your real name on this forum... Thank you in advance for making the appropriate adjustment..

Mitch Krause

Supporter
I like Tom's suggestion (get things in place, but don't hook them up). Just going through the installation of A/C and things like that, I can't help but think that it would be a very time consuming undertaking to put it into the car after it was finished, with one saying throughout the process "I sure wish I had done this the first time", as you removed the spider, the roll cage, the dash, the wiring harness, the .....

Back