Classic Car Developments Chassis #3

Brian Stewart
Supporter
John's been busy. Most of the wiring in, brake lines run, and fuel pumps in place.

Attachments

• Prog 1 18.jpg
    Prog 1 18.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 885

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Some more progress.

Attachments

• Engine in.JPG
    Engine in.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 853
  • Engine and trans.JPG
    Engine and trans.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 969
  • Starter.JPG
    Starter.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 713

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Looking very nice..... isn't that the original chassis colour of the first batch of mono's...and I'm sure you wont mind me reminding you to fix that brake line securing strap on the bottom of the rear hoop. ;-)

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Cooling system coming together. EWP and controller nicely nestled in behind the passenger side bulkhead making for a straightforward connection to the front of the block.

Attachments

• Front pipes.JPG
    Front pipes.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Pump.JPG
    Pump.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 746
  • Location.JPG
    Location.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 688

Brian Stewart
Supporter
John has all the sensors installed (water temp, oil pressure, oil temp and one for a low oil pressure warning light), and has moved the EWP controller to beside the voltage regulator behind the driver's seat. Makes it more accessible than where it was beside the EWP. (no idea why all the pictures have been flipped in the preview).

Attachments

• Senders.JPG
    Senders.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 638
  • Controller and reg.JPG
    Controller and reg.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 591
  • Pump.JPG
    Pump.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 576
When you use an EWP in conjunction with the modded OE pump housing like that you cannot use either of the 5/8" hose fittings on the OE pump housing as they are now under EWP pump flow direction and due to impellor removal flow will be reverse of what they were with OE pump.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Expansion tank on and all plumbed in. Keen for any comment on the setup JacMac. Electronic speedo drive fitted.

Attachments

• Tank.JPG
    Tank.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 640
  • Plumbed in.JPG
    Plumbed in.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 806
  • Speedo drive.JPG
    Speedo drive.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 595
Arrows on drawing show what hot ( red ) and cooled (blue ) flow directions will try to do with that EWP setup you have there. To correct this the hose's from 5/8" fittings on T/Stat and bottom of header tank need to go down to inlet side of EWP and the two redundant 5/8"fittings on old OE pump blocked off.
There is a further possible trap in using that OE pump housing without the impellor in that the pump housing design tends to favour flow to the 1234 bank before 5678 due to internal design which may lead to uneven temps on each bank, This applies more to that early pump & front cover design rather than later rev rotation pump housings.

Attachments

• Plumbed in.JPG
    Plumbed in.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Things are really starting to tick along now. Webers and headers on.

Attachments

• Webers.JPG
    Webers.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 659
  • Headers.JPG
    Headers.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 652

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I remember chatting with you at LMC two years ago and it had stalled and you asked them to finish Andrew’s car first.

His is stunning and I can see why people wait for this company to work on their cars as the detail is fantastic.

I am sure you will be very pleased with the final product.

Keep up the great posts

Ian

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Able to spend a little time down in the workshop last week. Carb linakges done. Roundel lights and ID lights fitted.

Right hand fule tank stuffed with foam and strapped in place. Going to cost a bit to fill at 43 litres each side...

Can't believe Carmen wanted me to throw my parent's old electric carving knife out a few years back. Turns out to be the perfect tool for trimming foam to size to fit in the fuel tanks.

Attachments

• Link.jpg
    Link.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 546
  • Tank strap.jpg
    Tank strap.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 527
  • Cutting.jpg
    Cutting.jpg