GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rod,

idiot....dope ..... Really? Like you said sticks and stones.... Hang on for another 7 years !!!!!!!!!!!!

In terms of the insults, you'll need to take that up with Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, Rex Tillerson and the other folks within his administration who feel Comrade Trump has a "low I.Q." like he called Rep. Maxine Waters.

As for 7 years, impeachment odds are about 50/50 or even money. In fact, one site called Paddy Power in Ireland has the impeachment odds as:

"The Ireland-based gambling website Paddy Power thinks it's highly unlikely Trump lasts his first term in office without being impeached. The odds are currently 4-7 that the president is impeached before Inauguration Day 2021."

That's not a site I'd bet with since you would have to bet $7 to win $4. I need better odds for my money.

Pat

Supporter
Uh, no. You are smarter than this nonsense. Don't cherry pick a number. First year average Trump is in the tank. Majority of Americans see through his nonsense. Fortunately, the average American is smarter and more perceptive than Larry, Walt and Al.

Trump ends first year with lowest average approval rating - Chicago Tribune

Jeff, your Tribune story is referencing old 2017 numbers whereas the Rasmussen is from last week (March 9th) which compares Mr. Obama at the same tenure. The March 12th weekly poll released today has Mr. Trump even up another point. It certainly appears to be a positive trend-line for him, especially compared to Mr. Obama at that stage of his presidency.

ROD

CNN)Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee announced Monday they found no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia and that they are shutting down their yearlong investigation.

WOW.... BET YA DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.

Hi dave,

i am quite happy with my choice.. Trump will play putin like a fiddle ...how is your choice doing??

I voted for a 3rd Party. When exactly has Trump played Putin like a fiddle? Trump is Putin's Bitch. Enjoy the treason? Reagan is turning over in his grave at those selling this country out to Russia.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff, your Tribune story is referencing old 2017 numbers whereas the Rasmussen is from last week (March 9th) which compares Mr. Obama at the same tenure. The March 12th weekly poll released today has Mr. Trump even up another point. It certainly appears to be a positive trend-line for him, especially compared to Mr. Obama at that stage of his presidency.

No. You are wrong. The Tribune data compared average approval rating over the first year. Trump's numbers were terrible, equaled only by Clinton's during his first year.

You then cherry picked a single week of basically Trump's BEST rating (44 percent) v. one of Obama's WORST.

Upward trendline? We'll see. Trump goes, well, "up" to low 40s and then back down when he goes off the rails. Other polls are already trending back down.

When you cherry pick and deliberately mischaracterize data like this, you don't look very smart.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
ROD

CNN)Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee announced Monday they found no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia and that they are shutting down their yearlong investigation.

Who DIDN'T see that coming? Nunes and that bunch reached that conclusion long ago. They even went so far as to contradict our own intelligence agencies and claim that the Russians weren't working to elect Trump.

That should tell you all you need to know about what the Republicans on the House committee really care about: they have a dimwitted President who will sign anything they put in front of him, and they will do everything they can to keep him in that office even if the puppet strings back to the Kremlin are visible to everyone else.

ROD

Saw it coming a mile away, like looking through one of those telescopes on top of a sniper rifle. Devin Nunes is a joke. And hopefully he’ll be voted out of office in November.

BTW, Walt, you do realize that if the Democrats take back the House of Representatives in November, then the House investigation will be reopened or restarted.

And you can’t shut down Mueller? It’s Mueller Time!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Tillerson fired.

McMaster next?

What a clown show. Priebus. Scaramucci. Tillerson. Flynn. Manafort. Bannon. Gorka. Hicks. The first press secretary I can't even remember now. Comey. Sessions under siege. DeVos looking like a doofus on 60 minutes ("I don't visit schools").

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Too bad we can’t fire you for poluting this car forum with your mindless political tripe...

Jeff Young... you’re fired!

Rodknocker... you’re fired!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Right-o! We can only have on side of the political divide represented here!

Very Trumpian, and very un-American of you there Mr. Mike.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Well, you get live in lala land about Trump being impeached and dreaming that the next 7 years will not be pure hell for you so I can have my own dream too that this forum will be all about cars and free and devoid of the daily political rantings and hate that you guys are consumed by. The difference between us is that I know mine is just a fantasy with no chance of coming true where as you actually believe your delusions to be true...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Stop poking at each other and get back to the political discussions please...
Thank you..

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
When you describe daily the person that 50% of the population supports as a f’in idiot moron comrade douche you are directly poking at and insulting those who supports that person.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No, 50% does not support him and never has -- low 40s max and usually a lot less. Facts! They matter!

Second, no, repeating what others in the administration have said about the President is not some direct poking or insulting YOU.

When you describe daily the person that 50% of the population supports as a f’in idiot moron comrade douche you are directly poking at and insulting those who supports that person.

You're making a unsubstantiated conclusion that because I agree with Rex Tillerson, Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, etc., all who have called him insulting names of one kind or another, that all his supporters are morons as well. That's your conclusion, not mine.

There are some very bright people supporting Comrade Trump (not Betsy DeVos BTW), but I'm not sure why they would support him given his portfolio of vulgar behaviors and anti-enviromental, sexist, bigoted, (I could go on and on) policies.

Just stop reading our posts. How hard is it to stop reading our posts? Just ignore Jeff and I.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I know you would love more than anything for me to get into a back and forth with you whether it's 49% or 50%. It's what you and Rod thrive on. Whether you're insulting and offending 150 million or 200 million, it does not matter. You're comments go far and beyond discussing philosophical political differences and well into the realm of crass personal attacks. It's clear it will be tolerated but it does still raise questions when forum leaders ask for civil discourse yet continue to tolerate the nasty personal attacks. I doubt in real life you go around calling people f***ing moron idiot douches, in fact I know you don't because you would either be in jail or in the hospital. Why do people think doing so behind a keyboard is acceptable? Conduct yourself as though you are speaking to others face to face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back