Superformance GT40 MKII For Sale. ***SOLD***

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hello KIRBY
Can you put a picture of your seats, I have an SPF and I do not come with a headset and the original seats, I would be glad to see how are yours,
thank you

These are Superformance seats, the "headrest" is just a slight bump out of the seat.

Attachments

• 248 - S1335 - P2317 - GT 40 - Triumph Apple Green (15) (1).jpg
    248 - S1335 - P2317 - GT 40 - Triumph Apple Green (15) (1).jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 250 - S1342 - P2318 - GT 40 MK II - Shelby Guardsman Blue & Wimbledon White (15).jpg
    250 - S1342 - P2318 - GT 40 MK II - Shelby Guardsman Blue & Wimbledon White (15).jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,047
Kirby wrote about the ad
- I made my own seats to get into the car and sit with a helmet. They are covered with leather, but the bolsters begin to show wear and tear. I needed something to support me laterally and I always gave enough room for the legs and the head room. Easily replaced by stock seats.

The original seats I know I have an SPF

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Kirby wrote about the ad
- I made my own seats to get into the car and sit with a helmet. They are covered with leather, but the bolsters begin to show wear and tear. I needed something to support me laterally and I always gave enough room for the legs and the head room. Easily replaced by stock seats.

The original seats I know I have an SPF

Here's a poor picture, but I think you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,203
Kirby, your car is a stunner. Absolutely fantastic. What about giving Scottsdale/BJ or one of the other big auctions a try? Seems like a really, really nice car (like yours) can go for big $$ there.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Kirby, your car is a stunner. Absolutely fantastic. What about giving Scottsdale/BJ or one of the other big auctions a try? Seems like a really, really nice car (like yours) can go for big $$ there.

Thanks for the complement, Cliff.
I drove it to a 'car show' the other day and it was a big hit.

I actually waffle between selling it or not.

If I really get serious, I will take your advice.

Interestingly, one person was disappointed that I'd done so many modifications to the car. My car, my mods.

He wanted a 'stock Superformance', whatever that is...

Thanks again,
Kirby

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

No, these cars only sell to bottom feeding, opportunistic buyers at those auctions. The slightly drunk, "I wanna be on TV" bidders are only buying if they can steal. There are better channels for selling these cars. Places where the specs and value determine the price.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
No, these cars only sell to bottom feeding, opportunistic buyers at those auctions. The slightly drunk, "I wanna be on TV" bidders are only buying if they can steal. There are better channels for selling these cars. Places where the specs and value determine the price.

I'm unable to reconcile the circumstance that at least two premium well-built SPF GT40s are for sale HERE for significantly less money than a new identically equipped one would cost, and then there's the long wait of a year or more for the new one.

I noted Rick's idea that auctions mostly consist of the slightly drunk opportunist buyers at common auctions. That's likely; But the pricing here is low for most of the cars for sale, and yet there's no interest yet.

I did not miss the remark that one individual desired a perfectly stock previously owned GT40 - and I agree with the remark "whatever that is." Is having a Gurney bubble a stock one; what about two bubbles? Most often custom improvements better the appearance, performance, and <cite>efficiency </cite> of a given car. However, I realize there are purists out there.

Those sacred places where specs and value determine the price are apparently elusive. If it's not SPF themselves, and if it's not here on the Forum, then where. There must be way too many lookie loos out there since one of cars on this thread was looked at over 6,000 times. Maybe it is the Cobra guy after all.

Soulcoaxer (Robert S.)

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
Kirby Nice car. I have a F250R Super Raptor that is really nice I would do a partial trade with you on?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Just an update.

I've had a couple of interested contacts, but no sale.
Everyone wants me to drop my pants on the price.
Why? The car drives well and handles better than new.
OK, it's got some 'patina'....

Oh, well... Guess I'll keep it.
:idea:

FWIW,
Kirby

Just an update.

I've had a couple of interested contacts, but no sale.
Everyone wants me to drop my pants on the price.
Why? The car drives well and handles better than new.
OK, it's got some 'patina'....

Oh, well... Guess I'll keep it.
:idea:

FWIW,
Kirby

Hi Kirby ,
So whats happening with your GT ?The GT.jpg
Inquiring minds …….

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Kirby ,
So whats happening with your GT ?View attachment 95126
Inquiring minds …….

I still have it.
In fact, I've just finished putting new master cylinders on the clutch and brakes. Should have that all finished and bled tonight.
The corrosion in the originals was surprising, but I think it was due to when I first got the car back in 2007, it leaked water very badly.
In fact, I had an inch of water in my seat after getting caught in a rainstorm. Thought I'd dried everything, but moisture must have gotten inside the master cylinder boots.

I took a French friend for a ride and forgot how much fun the car was but the rear brakes were dragging slightly.
Just goes to show you I need to drive it more often.
I haven't been racing the red Pantera lately (actually, a year now) and have had more time. So....
No plans to sell it right now.

FWIW,
Kirby

Back