New canards

Email status update sent to GB participants @ 1:21AM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know.

Thanks,
Cam

Email status update sent to GB participants @ 8:43PM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know.

Thanks,
Cam

Email status update sent to GB participants @ 10:26PM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know.

Thanks,
Cam

Apologies Ed - I meant to ping Henry earlier this week and completely forgot to. I’ll do that right now.

Hey guys -

I received an update from Henry today. He was reviewing the parts and says a few need another pass at polishing. Those will get worked this Saturday and he expects the parts will ship out middle of next week.

Thanks for everyone’s patience!

Cam

**Edit: email status update sent to GB participants @ 11:45PM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know. **

Last edited:
Email status update sent to GB participants @ 11:06PM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know.

I still need shipping addresses from a few folks - please send them over to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Cam

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Perhaps Will can advise us what length of M4 screws to purchase. There are three inserts on each canard for a total of 12 screws needed. Something like 20mm in length? I guess a large fender type of washer would be advisable to help distribute the load.

Perhaps Will can advise us what length of M4 screws to purchase. There are three inserts on each canard for a total of 12 screws needed. Something like 20mm in length? I guess a large fender type of washer would be advisable to help distribute the load.

I just picked up the canards from the PO and I’m going through them now. I’ll need to repackage so I can get them out to everyone.

Ken - the canards include a set of screws which look to be long enough; you may want to replace the included washer for a fender washer but I don’t expect the loading will be all the great (aero-wise). It would be smart to anticipate rock strikes and little kids putting their feet on the top canard.

More details to follow shortly.

Thanks,
Cam

Email status update sent to GB participants @ 4:07PM PST, if you are part of the GB and DID NOT receive an email please let me know.

Thanks,
Cam

Last edited:
Canards arrived today! Well-packed...look real nice! Thanks for a great job Cam!

Awesome - thanks to everyone for participating, we were able to get a good number of samples over to this side of the pond at a decent price.

A few items to note:

- If you see a line running across the canard it's most likely residual adhesive from the tape used during shipping - I unpacked each canard and separated them from each other to avoid rubbing damage. Don't use acetone to clean off the adhesive, it may be too aggressive and damage the epoxy.

- Some fitting will be needed; I test fitted my set and the left side fits pretty well but the right side needs trimming to get a good fit, at least on one of the canards. I *think* there are 4 unique pieces, 2 for the left and 2 for the right, an upper and a lower. On the initial set I unpacked it seemed like I had 2 unique pieces for the left and 2 identical pieces for the right. I unpacked and test fitted a few more sets and it seems like the passenger side pieces just need more work to fit properly. All the sets I received seemed to have the same fitting needs.

- These pieces do not appear to have a clear coat applied to them, just raw resin and cloth. I highly recommend folks apply a 2-part gloss clear coat (or matte if you prefer) to give the carbon some protection from the sun. I'm not sure what epoxy was used for these pieces but it's pretty typical carbon will start to yellow if exposed to too much UV. A 2 part clear will give you the best UV protection and abrasion resistance.

I'm looking forward to more photos of installs and feedback/reviews of this product from the community.

Thanks,
Cam

Michael Fling

Supporter
TY Cam... they look great!

!

Attachments

• canard 2.jpg
    canard 2.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 467
  • canard 3.jpg
    canard 3.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 415
  • canard1.jpg
    canard1.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 451
Hello all - the last set of canards has been shipped. Thanks to everyone who participated!

If you have not received your package or a tracking number please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Cam

Back