H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

LT4 Start up in Jared's GT-R - YouTube

Well you learn something every day, came to find out that the original GT style shift lever doesn't work with the Graziano trans. The cross gate section moves in reverse to whats needed by the Graziano, oh well shit happens.
1st ended up where 5th should be and reverse was on the passenger side. The solution, add a bell crank ahead of the lever to reverse the action, one failed attempt resulted in there not being enough travel in the ball joints but MK2 works a treat.

WqgYH2.jpg

8yCDj2.jpg

mIGL6m.jpg

H yes but you now work in America so your a good old boy, plus the English gave us Clock Making, Industrial Processes, Medicine and you can't forget Thomas English Muffins

Five feet of 1 1/4" 065 6061 aluminum tube, 8" of 6061 2" bar stock, a bunch of welding, bending and machining and seven hours of work later, just to come up with a filler pipe the way we want it. Its no wonder these things take so long to build. And yes it could be done quicker with straight pipe and rubber bends but it then never gets that more factory built look I'm striving for. Its all in the details, so that when you go to that show and open it all up, under the surface looks as good as above.

UrARET.jpg

fmkhrq.jpg

kupHIa.jpg

H now that you have a proto type done couldn't you have it computer mapped and plugged into a tube bender and make it one piece like they do exhaust the same with the coolant pipes

Jared you are correct what a pain in the butt working with those systems tends to be I'll take a old model A 6 volt system over Lucas any day of the week

Third times a charm, MK 2 hit the inside of the tunnel cover when shifting so MK 3 has a offset to drop the drivers side of the bell crank by 1/2"

h7dayt.jpg

Its al a bit tight under there

Your build is looking awesome! Getting mine next week.

Partial HIJACK but I'm time sensitive. I have 77" between fenders in enclosed trailer. Do I need to fabricate a deck over the fenders for clearance?

Sincerely thanks, but I needed an active thread for eyeballs.

Your build is looking awesome! Getting mine next week.

Partial HIJACK but I'm time sensitive. I have 77" between fenders in enclosed trailer. Do I need to fabricate a deck over the fenders for clearance?

Sincerely thanks, but I needed an active thread for eyeballs.

80" min I'm afraid, my trailer is 80" and its tight and thats with my front lower valance clipped on the sides. the read end is 80" wide but should be behind the trailer wheels

H

Back