Custom Axle Fabricator Needed...

Kim Haun

Supporter
Hello!

So I'm to the point that I need to order custom axles for my RCR GT40 project. I have a source recommended by Fran that's back east but was wondering if anyone knew of a source on the west coast, Los Angeles or adjacent that I can get a secondary quote. I need the axles to handle 500 to 600HP and have the 108mm CV joints. Anything I should spec in terms of better quality parts or materials? Thanks for your input!

Kim

Howard Jones

Supporter
Drive Shaft Shop: Tell them you want the max torque material and if you buy the expensive axles use the 935 CV's to go with them. These guys can make anything and will assist in fitment and part selection if you ask. I have worked with them twice and was very satisfied. I recommend them.

The Driveshaft Shop | Home page

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Corvette C5 wheel hub to 930 CV stub shaft -- from billet 4340 steel and heat treated or a modified C5 universal stub -- some 20 years ago for under $500.00 aud each -- feed back said too expensive, therefore ceased production

Attachments

• Drive stub Corvette C5 to 930 CV.jpg
    Drive stub Corvette C5 to 930 CV.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 625
  • C5 rear drive stub shafts mod for CV 003 (Small).jpg
    C5 rear drive stub shafts mod for CV 003 (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 425

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have been on this issue for months in the effort to modify my SLC to except C7 hubs. This will require different stub shafts like above.

The bottom line is NOBODY makes a cheap <$200 M300 highest quality steel stubshafts. Several company's can make M300 very high quality parts that will survive +400 ft/lbs on race tires however they are all in the neighborhood of $900-1000 bucks a pair.

Here is the perfect example of you get what you pay for. Cheap fails, high quality (expansive) doesn't. IMHO "itwillkillya" parts need to not fail because of trying to save money.

So if you find what you need, pay for it and move on.

Last edited:

Kim Haun

Supporter
I have been on this issue for months in the effort to modify my SLC to except C7 hubs. This will require different stub shafts like above.

The bottom line is NOBODY makes a cheap <$200 M300 highest quality steel stubshafts. Several company's can make M300 very high quality parts that will survive +400 ft/lbs on race tires however they are all in the neighborhood of $900-1000 bucks a pair.

Here is the perfect example of you get what you pay for. Cheap fails, high quality (expansive) doesn't. IMHO "itwillkillya" parts need to not fail because of trying to save money.

So if you find what you need, pay for it and move on.

Thanks Howard, good advice. Thanks for everyone else's input as well. I wasn't trying to pinch the dollar, just wanted to find someone closer for more personal contact and perhaps faster turn around.

Kim

Howard Jones

Supporter
The last time I dealt with the DriveShaft Shop I needed to replace a broken half shaft on my GT40 (GTD40). I told them I need them back for a event over the phone when we discussed what my needs were, I sent them the one unbroken side, they duplicated it with M300 material and new 930 CV's, and had them back to me in a couple of weeks. That included my shipping time to them of a day or so.

I have no financial relationship with them but I am very happy with their work and highly recommend them.

Back