GTD40 Club AGM 2002

Hi all,
Now that the club's sprint / hillclimb season has finished. Don't forget that the AGM will be taking place on Sunday October 6th at Club member Malcolm Kerr's place in Kent.

Once again food will be provided but if you want to bring an additional dish or dessert, please do.

One thing though - to help with the catering - if you intend to come along, please either email me, or telephone me at work or home. Knowing who's attending + party size (guests/partner) will help a great deal.

AGM2001.JPG

Remember, the AGM is the ideal opportunity to meet other club members, view the cars, or air your views etc etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you / speaking to you a week Sunday!

regards

Paul Thompson
email: [email protected]

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Paul Thompson ]

G

Today in the post I received a prize that it is intended to presented at the AGM. It is the No6 Gulf Scalectrix car as has been recently discussed on this forum. You can't win it if you are not there!

Malcolm

PS I would suggest it is a better model than a lot of the die cast ones!

Who ever wins the scalextric GT40, Is welcome to come & use my private circuit for a track day..... As many laps as you like, no noise restrictions, guaranteed dry weather, no cost and free use of any cars in my 'garage' of over 50 super exotics, inc T70, Mirage, cobra's, 512's, 917's, Mclaren F1, Lotus 7, etc, etc....
grin.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I have a Scalextric GT40, but it is the Mirage model. Probably quite a few years old, but partly spoilt by the fact that a previous owner must have repainted it.
frown.gif

Hasn't raced for a while, but it used to whizz past my mates' heavier modern cars down the straights
grin.gif
, but didn't grip the corners as well as it doesn't have the rear magnet/weight of the modern cars
mad.gif

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Maxiboy ]

That's the one! If you have the 'race tuned' version, it has a special motor that'll have a blue casing. It has removeable brushes & needs a few laps to warm up before it'll go to maximum revs.

Once on full power it'll fly. infact it'll produce way more power than the ageing chassis will handle, hence the dodgy cornering, but with some fantastic wheelspins!!
grin.gif

G

Julian, you need to get your real car back on the road so you can pretend to be the plastic driver in a Scaletrix model!
grin.gif

Malcolm

Back