GT40 MK11 now in the UK

Hi Guys
I just got back from Goodwood and the display is the largest display ever, it is 30% larger than last years display. It will have the three cars mounted almost vertical and have water jets shooting out from under the wheels, representing the wet finnish to the 66 Le Mans.
I just can't wait to see it, Edsel Ford himself is also coming over from the USA to see it.

Regards
Chris.

Attachments

• 19900-g1gold dis.jpg
    19900-g1gold dis.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,085
Unbelievable Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic to see it all coming together - well done.

Regards
Simon

Hi all

If you live in the UK and are into GT40's then you just have to be at Goodwood this weekend. In addition to the main display with three cars and the Enthusiast club stand with two cars, there are also the original 1966 Le Mans winning cars and for the first time on display the new Ford GT.
Ford has spent over £200,000 on the main display and having seen it, it is absolutely incredible. It is just enormous and I would think is about 60 feet high and will be spectacular with the three Gt40's and water jets spraying water 15m behind each car to give the wet finish of the 1966 Le Mans.

If you miss it you will regret it.
Regards
Chris.

Hi Jim
I will definitely say hello to Lee.
I also hope to meet you at Monterey in August along with our other Forum chums Jim, Roy, Fran,Gordy and any one else that wants to join in the fun
Regards
Chris.…

Brilliant, Chris. I hope you UK chaps know how good you've got it, with the two Goodwood events...what a great time. Lord March does know how to throw a lawn party...

Hi Guys

I hope Lee Holman does not get confused as to which cars are which, but then again it might not be so bad,
Chris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 20037-blue MK11 side.jpg
    20037-blue MK11 side.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,061
Chris
You really did a great job. I'll be driving J6 on the Pebble tour on thurs which includes a few laps at Leguna. For lunch the tour cars are parked in Carmel. On Sunday J6 will be on the lawn at Pebble. As we get closer let's exchange mobile #'s. Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone!
Best
Jim

hi Mark

just in case you forgot who made the three Goodwood cars, and for all the new guys.
This thread details the build of the three cars including how I made the Chris Melia MK11 rear clip that has know been copied without licence by MDA.

Regards
Chris Melia.

Back