GTSupercars partner is National Champ

G

I opened the front cover of the December Grassroots Motorsports magazine this morning and what immediately popped out at me was a white Tiger. No not the ones from India, but the Tiger that I recognized as belonging to Gordon Kinney of GTSupercars that has a 5.0L Ford in it. It seems that John Hester's new partner in the GTSupercars venture has won the National Championship in the 2002 Solo II A-Prepared class. Take a look at Gordon's car here GTSupercars Website

Congratulations Gordon!!

If all goes as planned, next season he will be defending his title against a GT40.
grin.gif
grin.gif

obviously, I know that it is nearly impossible, for a "new" car to be in the running for the championship during it's first season out,,,,,,,,,but seeing a GT40 out there blasting around certainly will be spectacular!

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: Alain Vanhollebeke ]

G

Alain, next year he may be IN a GT40 from GTSupercars. They are setting up shop to deliver monocoque chassis GT40s. One of the real differentiators for them is that they have developed an interchangable yoke section (the horseshoe shaped section between the engine and trans) that will allow a lot of choice. They advertise the ability to use nearly any Ford V8 and a wide variety of transaxles. Another thing that sets their design apart is steel in the roof. As I understand it, there will be a steel inner section and a composite outer. They are planning a grand opening just after the new year with their prototype monocoque in Columbus, Ohio.

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

G

I talked to John Hester this morning. Bye the way, his father was having fairly major surgery today, everyone may wish to keep them in their thoughts and prayers!

John says that Gordon Kinney is trying to get a clear cut classification for the GT40. He thought it might be E-Prepared or E-Modified,
although he wasn't positive. It appears that part of the reason more GT40 replicas aren't run in SCCA is that there has never been a clear cut class for the replicas to run it. Hopefully that will change.

Back