Research, GT40 or Jag XJ13?

Perhaps this is not an appropriate message for the GT40 site, but here goes. I've been researching GT cars/kits from the sixties in hopes of building a kit in the near future. The GT40 is an amazing machine and I would love to build one. However, I have also been smitten by the Jaguar XJ13 which was or is available as a kit through Proteus Cars Ltd. Does this company still exist? The web-site does not respond. What do other GT40 enthusiasts think of the Jag XK13 as a rival GT style kit car?

Try this!
http://www.ciltd.co.uk/Replica/xj13.htm

Good luck!
smile.gif

It seems like it would be a whole lot easier to find a Ford small block than a Jag V-12.

Buster,

Don't know if the XJ13 rep uses Jag transmission, rear axle set up and brakes etc etc...

but if it does... hold your breath when you ask the price for replacement parts.....

Just a point to consider in your decision making...

Rgds

Neil

The info says it uses a ZF transaxle. Not much
cheaper to repair over Jag tranny
smile.gif
OK,
a whole lot more expensive!

I dunno, V12s out of an old XJS aren't too difficult
to come by. I know I've found a few in my
ventures to the junkyard when I was a teen
in Massachussettes.

Ian

G

Buster,

I love the jag as well; there used to be an outfit by the name of Predator Performance, in Florida, that made these as well as a D type replica, but I'm not sure whether they're still in business. I have to think that with all the development that's been done in the GT40 replica market that it would be easier, and cheaper, to go that route--moreover, it would probably perform better on the track. That v12 is one heavy son of a gun. But, the jag is lovely...best of luck!

TT

Back