Forum sign In rules - Please, everyone read!

Ron Earp

Admin
Greetings All,

Due to a couple of recent happenings I feel it necessary to make and enforce some rules on login names and signing in.

Any person or indivdual that is associated with or a dealer for a particular GT40 replica company needs to indicate this on his or her login. Furthermore, duplicate names or similar names will not be allowed on the forum due to the amount of confusion that this causes.

As some of you probably know, a recent post by Nigel Wordsworth with the login name of Roaring 40s has contributed to this. Roaring Forties is already accepted on the forum as Robert Logan's GT40 replica company in Australia, therefore, I would respectively ask Nigel to change his login to clearly distinguish himself from the RF GT40 replica company located in Australia.

Another situation I have observed is brand new people getting on the forum and asking for GT40 kit advice. The advice follows, but it is from dealers of a replica company and the dealers are not identified as such. I don't think it fair for the new fellow that doesn't realize that the advice is not unbiased. Therefore, if you are a dealer, or representative, or associated closely with a replica company please make your login description clearly show this and it wouldn't hurt in your signature either.

Most people have done well with this, a couple of the CAV people are identified correctly for example. Good job!

Failure to comply with the guidelines will result in you being kicked off the forum.

If anyone is unsure of how to make this happen email me what you wish to change and I'll do it for you. I don't think so many people are affected.

I hope folks perceive this as fair. I wish to remain netural and I wish for the forum to remain a good source for information.

Thanks,
Ron

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

I assume my setup is satisfactory. I am displaying my name for login, but put dealer affiliation in my signature. If this is not acceptable I can also change my login. I wanted to keep my actual name for login so that people know who they are "talking to."

Thanks
Gary

P.S. I think you may have the Roaring Forties/40’s in your post above the wrong way around. Was this intentional?
grin.gif

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Gary Gibbs ]

Ron Earp

Admin
Those are fine, and yep, I messed up the names by accident.

But those involved know who they are and what needs to change. They have a few days to get it done and then I'll drop the registrations.

Ron

Well, I have no idea where I fit in...I'm Meat, everyone knows me as Meat, but I'm also gearing up to manufacture the single-donor GT40 replica. So I'm not quite a manufacturer yet.

Any help?

Your pal,
Meat.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm fine as long as the post indicates something about Dealer, Owner, Representative, etc. It needs to be clear. I think I'm going to change my own sig so people realize I'm just the fellow that runs this thing and have no association with any groups either. Thanks folks,

Ron

G

Hi Ron

I have altered my sig to indicate club committee position. Let me know if that is insufficient.

Cheers

Malcolm

Back