GT40 blueprints

Hi all..
im a newbie to the forum,
and this is my first post!
and a dreamer at that..
grin.gif

i have found a blueprint website
wich has a nice clean side and top view
of the GT40 chassis model 1047 (if im correct)
http://www.suurland.com/blueprint_x.php?image=http://www.suurland-m edia.com/blueprints/cars_sports/gt40.jpg

if anyone can find more of these.. or a front and back..with the same aspect ratio
i would apreciate it as they will aid me to do up a 3d model that im using this year in a short 3d technical film demo.

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Eyles ]

Hey from another newbie! I was checking out the other cars on that site, and it looks like to me that they are all pictures from model car directions.
frown.gif
The lone exeption being the Lotus 7.

For those that may be new...a nice parts list
with exploded views of the original GT40 are in Trevor Legate's new GT40 book, which everyone should have.

But still no source for dimensional chassis
drawings that I know of.

MikeD

now that u mention it Frankenstang,
it does look a little short..
grin.gif

bummer Jay, i was hoping it was from a life one
frown.gif

NASAracer.. is there any orthograpghical views of the GT40 in that book.. thats a perspective shot uve got there.... pretty usless to me...hee hee...

MikeDD, bummer... if u find any.. let me know...i want to do a good job at recreating the right look...

Havent recieved the book yet (those are from the auction) so I'll check it out as soon as I recieve it and see if there's any sort of good 3-view.

I believe that the Ford GT40 Illustrated Parts book is where Trevor Legate got some of the exploded views that are in the back of his book.

I'd like to know if there's anything in the Ford book that's different (or not included) in the Legate book...y'know...'cause...

Your pal,
Meat.

The J.W.A. Ford GT40 parts list is what Legate copied..
First page with an exploded view of whole car is missing.(and covers of course..)
And what were the accompanying price list is also "missing" !(same size and colour..)
And the wrong size... in the book !

wink.gif

Back