Can we talk performance numbers?...

First of all, I've read several conflicting things about what a suitable HP for a GT40 is. Obviously if you just keep putting HP up the wazoo you'll end up with a car that spins its wheels, snap-oversteers and breaks transaxles and has all sorts of extra wear. It APPEARS that a good HP number is about 400. Any comments on this?

But that having been said, it seems odd that sites like the CAV site claim a fully loaded car that weighs 2500lbs and has 400hp does 0-60 in 4.5...and 9.5 seconds 0-600 using "7000rpm". Seems to me the car should be WAY faster than that. So I'm guessing it's a problem with the gear ratios, the driver involved or the testing method.

Have you guys done any actual straight-line performance measurements with your different setups? I mean I have taken nearly every car I've owned to a dragstrip and paid $20 and got some timeslips just to see how close to the magazine numbers it is. I don't know anyone without an AP-22 or a G-Tech so you guys MUST have had more than casual curiosity in this regime.

Not buying a GT40 for drag-racing per-se but who doesn't want to know "how fast" the performance car they're getting is?

er, posted before reading the topic "how fast is your GT40"...sorry for the redundancy.

Back