Great news, new engine start up

Howard Jones

Supporter
I told you all that when I got my engine started I would let you all know. Well today was the day! It took a little longer than I thought it would but two weeks ago when I tried the last time I had no spart! Turned out to be a brand new MSD 6AL. They were real good about fixing it but it took about ten days with the shipping to and from Texas from here in Calif. I found it interesting that they took it apart and fixed it instead of just sending me a new one. Oh well good as new now. So how loud is it? Well the highway patrol won't like it but I do. Really it sounds REAL good but it is REAL loud!!! My wife asked me if it was going to ALWAYS BE THAT LOUD!?!? Thats as good as a reason to like it as I can think of! I might build up another set of mufflers at some time in the future but for now I love it! Now when I have time it's out into the street to see how the gearbox/clutch works. One step at a time boys, one step at a time.

Congratulations Howie on the start up. It's
too bad that the tail pipes point down on the GT. If they were like a Cobra's we could set off car alarms..
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

Congrats as well

You are 5 minutes away from my house!!
tongue.gif

Are you coming over or am I going to your house again?
wink.gif

I have to hear this
shocked.gif

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Faili F ]

Howard, I have to disagree with you . your car is not loud - IT IS NASTY! - It sounds great and the cops will hate it. Fahrad you got to here this - with the light fly wheel the revs just jump up. Congrats to you Howard, you now have all the incentive you need to get it on the road.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hershal I cut off the stock packed muffler that came with the GTD kit and used the collecters. I then had them welded onto two baffeled "glaspack" looking mufflers. They do not have any packing in them thus I could have them Jet hot coated inside and out.These mufflers have a spirel sort of balffle inside with a straight thru tube down the middle. They look just like all the resonators I've ever seen on a real GT40's. The good part is that they exit the body throught the same middle hole but come straight out. Also they have a 3" outlet. They sound like a ...... hm.... loud! I hope I can get away with them!!! Fred you didn't hear it! Come on by this weekend and we'll push it out into the street and setup the gearbox linkage. Fred lives about 10 miles from me and he must have thought it was a earthquake!

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Howard Jones ]

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Howard Jones ]

Back