You never want to see this in the rear view mirror

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Wow, I was driving my mates GT40 on the track last Saturday(It's an RF with Gurney/weslake heads,zf etc)and I felt the motor misfire and took a look in the mirror and saw ffffflames.I thought (not good), no I tell a lie I thought oh Sh.......t.I managed to keep it together and shut off the ignition and freewheeled to the nearest flagpoint hoping to see fire extinguishers which were there alright.I alighted from the vehicle... no I got out in a very short time actually(read panic)and had the presence of mind to grab the extinguisher before opening the clip.one spray of foam and it was out, luckily.Turned out to be a loose fitting on the fuel rail.Guess what I'm putting in my car? Yep a large bomb style extinguisher.
Regards Ross

Ross,

Darrel Carr (yellow car) told me about the mishap on Sunday night while I was waiting for my plane to the US. I thought that Jeff was driving the car.

I am glad to hear tht you are OK and that th car is good also. Please send Jeff my regards , I will phone early next week when I am back in Aus.

What was the car like, faster than the Nissan or WHAT !!!!!!! Will it be competive in the Sports Car class do you think.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back