1/4 scale RC Ford GT40 by Yankee

Hello to all forum members,

Since years I collect all GT40 models I can get (and can afford...), and I have some special questions now:

There must be a company named Yankee or Yankee Racing (don't know exactly) which produced a 1/4 or 1/5 scale RC gas powered model of the Ford GT40. I tried my best since the last years, but I coulnd't find any further information, let alone any pictures of this modelcar.

Has any of the forum members more information of this modelcar? Perhaps there's an owner who could send me some technical datas and/or pictures of his model?

Would be very happy to find out more about this mysterious item.

Many thanks for your help!

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Yankee made awesome cars. Still considered one of the best 1/4 and 1/5 scale gas cars. Unfortunately Yankee went out of business several years ago. They were based in France. I own two Yankee cars, neither one a gt40 though. I've searched for several years now but have yet to come across one for sale. Try ebay as the cars are often sold there. Thats where I purchased both my cars. Good luck and let me know if you find one.

I'm searching on Ebay since I heard about this models - but never found one of the GT40 bodys. Yankee chassis are not so hard to find, but this special body.... Even on the worldwide web there are no informations available. I believe I'll need more than luck in this case!

I don't know about a 1/4 scale car, but I have a 1/10th scale GT40 with a 0.10cc engine radio controlled car made by Kyosho, gathering dust on the shelf in my garage next to my replica 40.
It's been there for many years since my kids grew-up and dad never did, even painted in Gulf colours could make an intreresting winter project.
I might ask Chris Melia of (I can build anything fame)
wink.gif
if he can knock me-up some body moulds.
What do you think Chris
grin.gif
grin.gif

Regards
Ian

Hello Ian,

many thanks for your efforts - but I have the Kyosho GT40's - one in Ready to Race version with all tuning parts, one brandnew still in sealed box and 5 new bodys as spare parts, because they're out of production since about 2 years.

I found yesterday night a website which might eventually result in some success with the big scale GT40 - it seems as if somebody had done some replicated lexan bodys in 1/4 scale. The problem I have is to contact this person as it's email adress is no longer available...

Will keep you posted!
Volker

guys, i am a certified RC nut, and ill be the first to tell you guys, YOU HAVE HOPE! if you get into RC again or just wanna get into it, they make GT40 bodies. there are only 3..well 4..sort of

if you go to www.towerhobbies.com and type in GT40 you'll see my future body for my gas powered RC(funny enough, i put in the most powerful RC engine made into the car)
grin.gif

the made are as following
1. proline GT40(what you'll see at tower hobbies)
2. a company called "Parma" makes a 2003/05 GT40 body
3. kyosho made one thats, uhmm OMG! is to say the least about detail, but they are rare and cost you more then an aluminum head with roller rockers
4. is the ify, a company named HPI makes this little beast called the Micro RS4(1/18 rc car) and they have a GT40 body from my understanding

its funny, not only have i like GT40s since i was young, but my favorite hobby has the option to build my car before i build my real car heheh

Hi Andrewtheman,

well - I know all companies mentioned and have one or more of their GT40 bodys...and some other, e.g. from Sarik in 1/8 scale, or Spectre - two of the old Heath Kit GT40's..., what's missing all the years was the big scale body.

But SUCCESS - as told in my last reply, I found a person who offers this body - can't believe it, but he told me it's available for about $320 including decals. Now I'm thinking about how to explain my girl friend that renovating the living room unfortunately must wait....

Cheers,
Volker

Back