RF eligibility for Marque Sports Racing

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Robin Bailey has posted the following message on the MSRV website Jan 3rd 2003.

Message- There has been some fine tuning of regulations for Marque Sports in 2003 and dialogue between MSRV, the SCRAA (Sports car racing association of Australia )- The umbrella group that consists of representitive sports car clubs from all states) and CAMS.A summary of proposals and changes progressed since Sept 2002 are-
6/ Certificates of description covering Triumph TR8 and TR7-V8,Porsche 911 types 964,993 & 996, Roaring Forties RF40 Replica and Toyota Supra RZ are all still being processed, considered by CAMS as the definitive basis for recognition purposes.
The latter two are not yet on the list and the former are documents prepared as the definitive eligibility specification for the models quoted. A Determination on RF40 and Supra RZ is expected during February. end of message.
Sounds like Robin has got carried away with a bunch of Lawyers on drugs doesn't it, but it is clear the RF car won't be able to race unless it gets on the list in Feb.
Ross

Hmmmm interesting. I'm far from being knowlegable in the area of this subject, but here is my interperetation.

As I understand it, the RF40 has met all requirements needed to qualify, so this note is either a friendly reminder that they havn't forgoten about us, or a symptom of someone trying to stall the process for the purpose of keeping us out of the category for as long as possible.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ross and Chris,

I am just back from my hols and will contact Robin tommorow and will then contact you both by phone. This is a great suprise for me as well and I will give my time immediately..

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Further to my telephone conversations with Robin and then Ross and Chris, I would like to put the following on record :

on Monday 27 th. Jan the eligibility committee of CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motor Sport) will consider the application for the RF GT40 to be allowed to race as a "2B2" sportscar. I have been assured that the submission is fully supported by the Marque Sports people and that I will be informed of the results.

The CAMS committee last met in September , I believe and was due to meet the following month but has been unable to meet until next week.

This recoginition is Australia wide, I believe so look out in all other states in Aus as I plan to visit !!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Why not run with 2A ?? --- less hassles , if you 'just' want to go racing.
Everyone knows what a GT40 is just get'em out there!
cool.gif

Back