New Forum Features *DELETED*

Re: New Forum Features

Ron,

The "new forum" is great. It has pushed the "old forum"
up quite a few notches.
Thanks for all of your efforts. This has been a great sacrifice on your part, and you deserve a ton of credit, for your time and endless contributions.
Now that it's so easy to post photos, how about some new shots of YOUR 40(go kart)?
Please let us know if you require any help, financial, or
otherwise.

Bill

The "wild" skin feature is really.....ummm.... wild. Nicely done.

Greg

This may be of interest to some.

Since the new forum has been set up I couldn't post any longer. I found I have to switch off my personal firewall (Zone Alarm Pro) whereas the old forum worked fine. I have entered gt40s.com as a trusted site but still no joy.

I don't like to turn it off as sometimes I forget to put it on again, so if anyone has a quick answer I would be grateful. I will continue to experiment and advise if I find the solution.

Cheers, David

PS I checked FAQ and have got cookies turned on.

The solution is a router

David, I think you need a hardware firewall (i.e., a router) rather than the Zone Alarm firewall. FWIW, my router is down right now and I can get to the site fine through the demo version of Zone Alarm.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Re: The solution is a router

I have Zone Alarm and have not had any issues.

BTW, Thanks for the updated software Ron. It's the mutt's nuts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You might check if your internet security is set too high. I've done that and couldn't access some sites. Try one level lower. Hope it helps.

The post preview is a great feature as it has allowed me to test a few options out without adding replies.

The problem is not IE6 privacy levels, its Zone Alarm cookie control. Unless I set this to OFF for ALL traffic I cannot add posts (but can browse of course).

The interesting fact is that I have 'www.gt40s.com' as a listed site excused from the general cookie security so I think another address is trying to write cookie info to my PC.

Is there an alias used by gt40s.com which is being used?? Unless there is a bug in Zone Alarm this is probably the case. Perhaps anothe Zone Alarm use can tell me their settings please?

I kept getting a message yesterday when I tried to post something, but it kept saying something like I had a bad post. I just turned off my internet security (Norton), so I'll see if this one goes.

That fixed it. I guess I just need to turn off Norton before posting.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Is it just me or do the links to the club sites not work? When I look at the URL being called, it looks like there is some 'indirection' which is obviously not working.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Maxiboy, repairs are coming for everything, it just takes time.

Ron

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Ron,

I did not want it to sound as if I was moaning, just thought I'd check that I was not doing something wrong/got some setup wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I also have to remind our customers/my boss etc "it just takes time", especially with software timescales. Sometimes I do not even know how many pieces of string, let alone how long they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cheers,

Maxiboy

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter

Ron,

This is GTEAT site for enthusiast of GT40 replicas worldwide. Finally I could recall my password to log in and able to post.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back