GT40 Data base

<ul type="square"> Data Base of all GT40 car's

Hi All

in the new GTD club magazine Roy Smart suggested a register of cars, similar to Ronnie Spains book.

I think this would be a wonderful idea and would trace the life and owners of every car.
It would be a valuable resource for future buyers and could also aid research for any wood be authors that may want to publish a book on our new generation of GT40's.

If we can do an online pole with this new software, Ron, can we do an online register of owners complete with Vin or chassis Nos, licence plate Nos engine Nos, etc.
Photos of each car year of build and any previous owners and race history.
How about it, is it possible?

Regards
Chris. [/list]

Hi Chris + All

The register Roy suggested exists already within the club as an A4 ring file with photos etc but requires updating. What Roy was requesting in the magazine is for in-depth comprehensive details to be provided to bring the log up to date. The register would be a historical record of club members cars regardless of marque to which reference could be made by prospective sellers or purchasers of cars alike.

By recording and verifying the details provided - we hope to make the process of purchasing a pre-owned car or part built project both more enjoyable and precise.

We would make as much of this data as requested by the owner available on the club website - and already have a growing number of cars in the online register which currently gives basic details and a few pictures that enlarge when selected.

eg - Vic's CAV
CAVRegCapture.JPG

Questionaires will be sent to clubmembers if considered to be a good idea and to non members who request inclusion.

If you want to be added to the exisiting website register - please mail me the details.

One last note - please don't miss-understand my intentions with this post, I have no wish to detract from the superb source of information that the forum has evolved into - I just suspect that Ron is going to be somewhat busy with the new forum software at present and either way the existing club database will continue to be updated regardless.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ps - I like the new forum s/w Ron - very cool!

Back