Final Forum Update - Pictures Working!

Ron Earp

Admin
Alright folks,

The big item you’ve been waiting for, picture posting and hosting is finally here!!!

But, before I explain how it works let me explain the procedure, the rules, and a little bit about how I want this to go.

The maximum single image size it limited to 50,000 bytes. So, that isn’t that large for a picture but the size varies on the compression, colors, pattern, etc. It is large enough for now.

You are limited to one picture per post. Obviously you can make multiple posts to a thread to get more pictures on the thread.

Please, do not abuse the feature. Do not post 12 new pictures of your car in one thread. Remember, there are people using dial up modems still and they’re going to be negatively affected.

You are not limited on the number of pictures you can upload. DO NOT place images on the forum for which you do not own. Please remember that if you upload the images they are in the public domain – anyone can do anything they like with them. This board offers no protection to you in this respect. And, I reserve the right to remove any photos I choose and do with said photos what I like.

So, how to do it? It is easy, for once.

• Make your post but do not click post
• Click Add Attachment or Preview Post that appears below the text area
• Select the file on your hard drive and upload it

That is it! The photo will appear inline.

Now, here are some changes that are coming in the future for the forum, but not until I get back from Germany.

• Manufacturers sections for hire
• Consolidation of said sections if enough are interested
• Consolidation of club areas
• New look – that is a new arrangement of items and the addition of a rotating gallery and links section to vendors

A lot of you have expressed interest in supporting the forum through PayPal. That is certainly welcome and any donations you feel like making can be sent to [email protected], my wife’s PayPal address. I’ve already started an Inbox for donations and will keep track of them posting a link of supporters at some point. Remember, it is only voluntary and not mandatory but I certainly appreciate it. PayPal will be the only accepted way to send donations as it is much easier to keep track of.

So, next changes at the end of July. Enjoy!! Oh, and of course, a couple of example pictures, not 40s since my digital is busted but working pics nonetheless.

Ron

Attachments

• 18860-beer.jpg
    18860-beer.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,800
[ QUOTE ]
But, please remember that if you upload the images they are in the public domain – anyone can do anything they like with them. This board offers no protection to you in this respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron,

Is this a forum rule (e.g., you agree by posting to place the image in the public domain), or your interpretation of the law, or just a comment on the wild-west nature of the internet?
I didn't think I lost copyright by "publishing" on the web, provided the image is properly marked...

Attachments

• 18867-route66.JPG
    18867-route66.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,435

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Steve,

I didn't interpret the law on this one and didn't consult the books or my wife. All I'm trying to do is make sure that people understand that neither this forum, or I, are responsible for what people do with images posted on this board. I also don't want people posting copyrighted material on the site and drawing trouble in our direction.

As far as I know if you own the copyright to a work you will still own it even if you post it. But, don't be suprised if you find it on some folks' screensavers without your permission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ron

Back