New Member...

Hi everyone!

I just joined your club and wanted to say hi and tell you a little about myself. First off, this looks like a great forum and a great place for information! When it comes to GT40's I am about as green as they come. GT40s were before my time, in fact, I know you're gonna laugh, but the first time I heard of them was about two years ago. You see, 2 years ago was when I started collecting diecast cars. Eventually, about a year ago I purchased a couple 1:18 scale GT40 MKII's made by Exoto. The first replica was the "1966 Ford GT40 MKII #2- Shelby American- Dan Gurney/Jerry Grant- 1966 Sebring". The second was a "1966 Ford GT40 MKII #3- 1966 Daytona- Shelby American- Dan Gurney/A.J. Foyt". Needless to say I fell in love with the GT40 and now, I'm at a point in my life where I want to learn as much as I can about the history of these racing machines. With that said, I'm hoping to get some "Book" suggestions from you guys. If you could only buy one or two GT40 books, which book(s) would you buy, which are the best?? The same goes for movies/videos, which are your favorite. I appreciate any suggestions you can give me.

Thanks,

Tony

Attachments

• 18954-ex18042.jpg
    18954-ex18042.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 597
As Ron might say "use the search feature." I would start with "book" and go from there. There have been several threads on this subject. My personal favorite of the ones I can buy is Trevor Legates recent book. Most of the available books can be found by doing a Amazon search for "GT40".

Good luck.

Back