1024 restoration

I finally got to see something in the way of a real gt40. I do work wiring up efi engines into hotrods for someone, he called me this morning and asked how his 34 ford/lt1 combo is going, i say good and he says come over, it is worth it. I go to his house and he takes me to a fiberglass shop where Dave Cohen's MkI is getting the fiberglass work done. The rest of the car is at another shop getting the metal work done. The fiberglass guy was telling me that the whole car is now being redone, the body is getting a new front clip and new rocker panels. So i pulled out the digital camera and tape measure and measured everything they had. They dont expect to see the car again, the parts will probably get shipped to the car to be installed there but i left my # so if it does show up, i can finally see one all in 1 peice. One interesting note, the glass guy was telling me about the peices that are on the car, most of them were off different cars, one door was original and i think that was about it. I guess throughout the years it had been crashed and fixed so many times that the panels eventually all replaced.

Eric,

I sat in 1024 at PIR and took measurements inside. I can get those to you if you need. How do the measurements compare with your body?

Have fun!

John

Apparently i need to lose a few inches off my waist but after that, i think my body will fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back