Ford releases official pictures on the Ford GT

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Mark,

The original was released at Detroit on the FIRST of APRIL so they obviously have no Irish blood in them !!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

FYI

Car and Driver says Ford will make 4500 between now and 2006
when new US crash requirements will stop production.
Wonder if the Viper or Saleen S7 will be affected.

Mike

Maybe one of our respected builders may consider upgrade the interior.

Agggggg! no!! keep away the feathers and the tar!, agggg noooo!!

Cheers,
Javier

If you look at the photo of the interior in the above link. there is a sill panel reading EXPRESSLY BUILT FOR ?. What is the missing word? Is it me , you , resale , wankers , WHAT??? No wonder it leaks etc as there has been too much R & D put into the sill panel. Why would they do this to a GT40. Err sorry, a Ford GT. Regards

Norman
When I read your post I ran to the garage and looked at the sills of J6. It didn't say "Built Esp. for Bruce McLaren and Mark Donohue" Do you think mine's a fake?
Best
Jim

Has anybody yet wondered if anyone will make a copycat version of the new GT? A GT40 that I could fit in with all the safety innovations like the fuel tank in the center etc...wow, that would be tempting...

Jim If you wish to sell I'll wear the risk. Seriously though I think it is pretty tacky. If you were a buyer just think you would have to step over that ever time you got in. I bet Henry is not saying "now why didn't I think of this" Also check out the P4's sill as that could be a bit sus. as well. Regards and please provide shipping details.

Looked on P4 they're missing there too!

Attachments

• 19355-Jun09261.jpg
    19355-Jun09261.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,111
[ QUOTE ]
If you look at the photo of the interior in the above link. there is a sill panel reading EXPRESSLY BUILT FOR ?. What is the missing word? Is it me , you , resale , wankers , WHAT??? No wonder it leaks etc as there has been too much R & D put into the sill panel. Why would they do this to a GT40. Err sorry, a Ford GT. Regards

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill Ford... That is the first car built, which was built for Bill Ford. It was the white car.
-Mark

Back