GT40 pics free for the asking (not John Allen's)

GT40 pics free for the asking (not John Allen\'s)

I have about 100 pics of various MK 1,2,3 and 4's taken over the last 20 years. The files average about 90k in size. There are 25 files (4 pictures per file). If you want them all via email and can handle 2.2 megs worth of attachments send me an email @ [email protected]

Attachments

• 21076-gt40-34.JPG
    21076-gt40-34.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 331
Re: GT40 pics free for the asking (not John Allen\'s)

Hi Rex,
Well, you have my curiousity up. These are pretty neat
photos. In order to get these kind of shots you had to be pretty close to the action. So what's the story guy? Either you're one die hard fan or you worked with the circuit in some way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I would luv those photos if you could win zip them then send them.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I fell in love with GT40's when I bought some Testors model kits back in the 70's. I bough my first Mustang in 1976 and started going to shows and found out about SAAC and started going to conventions on the east coast and some HSR races at the reunion at Watkins. The pics are on their way.
While I would have love to be around in the days when endurance racing was in it's prime, it's great that that cars have survived and are being revived for future generations to enjoy. In between events I can be Walter Mitty and pretend I'm AJ Foyt at Lemans going 200+ mph :)
I guess this makes me a diehard fan and a dreamer.

Attachments

• 21079-models1.jpg
    21079-models1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 270

Welcome to the club Rex.. We all dream here and most of
us are die hard fans too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks for the Photos!

Hersh:)

No problem. They are on the way. Here are some pics of some other worthy Fords at VIR last year. I think all the cobras were kits.

Attachments

• 21081-virrace.JPG
    21081-virrace.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 279
Re: GT40 pics free for the asking (not John Allen\'s) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Ron Earp

Ron Earp

Admin

Guys, pics are great but do not put any photos up which you do not own the rights to. I would hope Ford would view us as "Ford Friendly", we certainly are, but I'd hate to see the Blue Oval put the smack down on some friendly folks who love GT40s.....

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

The picture "gt40-40" in Richard Timte's photo host has P1116 in the top right corner at the 1989 Glen reunion. I have been collecting pictures of the car, which I had the honor of taking to and driving at the Glen. I do have video of the enduro race with a lengthy (required by rules) pit stop by J6 while in the "red LeMans winner replica" paint scheme. Jim (J6) has been provided with a copy of this video. I have been looking for a copy of a show called the "World of Speed and Beauty" from the reunion as it is supposed to show my older son belting up as a passenger in the 40. I would appreciate any other pictures of P1116 that anyone has.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: World of Speed & Beauty video

I remember seeing my Mach1 on that show in the 1980's. I was at a SAAC convention in Charlotte (the 1st one there?) and did not have a VCR at the time. Not sure if it's the same episode you are looking for but the chance of finding it as probably the same as finding a GT40 in a barn.

Attachments

• 21132-mach1lowes.jpg
    21132-mach1lowes.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 280
Back