Help me to make my dream come true......

Hi to everyone on this forum.

I ask to all of you (UK, NZ, Australia & USA..... owners) if you WILL help me to make my dream come true.

I search on all the web to find all GT40 replica company.

Yes I'm a French Frog Canadian, excuse me if my english is a little bit poor.

In Canada, I can import almost all kits, the problem are the sales and import taxes. I need to pay around 7% of importation taxes, add 7% of country taxes and another 7% if the kit is made out of America. Add transportation....

The solution I found is this kit:
http://www.toysforreallybigboys.com/brett40.html

I plan to visit this business (Ontario, Canada around 8 hours of my house without customs) and compare with some kit in the USA.

If I choose this kit, I will probably choose the option to buy only the Body (suppose to be a mold from a original one) and build a jig to do the frame myself (with the Autocad template). I want to built the frame in round and square Stainless Steel tubing, for stiffness, weight saving and paintless option.

Excuse me, long text for short story.

In this topic, I want to have a list of people are interested to help me. To give me some dimensions to compare and help me with this BIG project.

I will need some suspension geometry, shock specs, latchs type, all this kind of stuff.

If you are interested, please answer this topic.

You can also leave your comments.

I will add some projects I did if someone want to have idea of what I can do.

I also have access to this business www.verbom.com. I'm shareholder in this business.

Thanks

EG

I'd be wary about this company.

The GT40 pictures they have on their site
include a Roaring Forties (on the brett40
page) and a CAV (on the home page).

The name of the company also sounds similar
yo another Canadian company that was investigated
for fraud.

Ian

Thanks Ian for your comments.

This company also sound strange to my ears, this is why I plan to visit this office and see if all it's real or not.

If I buy something, I will try to pay cash and pick up the kit myself.

My company have an office at Toronto, the trip will cost like nothing.

Thanks again.

If I can take some pics of my visit, I will put them on the forum to ask your comments again.

Best Regards

EG

P.S. Please, some other comments........

Devin

Supporter
EG,

Any news or personal visit to this company in Ontario??

I was doing some surfin and ran across them and looked up this thread to see if anyone has actual seen any products from them.

Anyone out there know about this company??

Sounds tempting...too tempting.

Devin

Read the “RE: Race Car Replicas” announcement in the “Manufacturers Announcements” section of these forums. That is a Canadian company importing MDA kits.

He researched the Canadian market heavily before starting up and I’m sure could give you a lot of good advice as well as possibly supplying a car.

Kevin

Back