Monterey Historics Pictures

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Here are a few...

Img_0499.jpg

Img_0503.jpg

More found here... Enjoy.

Standing next to me is Loyd Ruby who drove J8 at LeMans. Next to Loyd is Parnelli Jones. Across the car is Sal Barone who restored J6 and is restoring my P4. The man in the white jacket reading the info plaque is Neil Rensler VP of Ford and head of the new Ford GT Program.

Attachments

• 21643-306558.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 359
Very nicely done pictures Neal. The quality is great-instant memories from the angles and early-morning light. Nice seeing them again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A few of my pics. We'll see if Ron howls when I upload 'em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

First, on Thursday they did a group shot of the participants. I was someplace I wasn't supposed to be when I took this shot, but only got mildly scolded.

Attachments

• 21660-small group.JPG
    21660-small group.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 318
Here's 1033 with his tailpipe falling out. I didn't even notice this "performance enhancement" until I got the photos back. This was in practice on Friday, so there was no P.A. announcement or anything. Presumably he got black-flagged and got it fixed beause it sure didn't look like that on Saturday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 21662-small 1033.JPG
    21662-small 1033.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 316
You want J6? We got J6. Someone conveniently left a golf cart for me to climb on to get this shot. I probably wasn't supposed to be up there either...

Attachments

• 21665-small j6.JPG
    21665-small j6.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 315
Steve,

Fantastic shots!!!! Keep 'em coming! The only thing missing
is sound! Got any video????
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Bill

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Holman and J4 (at least that's what it says on his shirt) talking to JLeno

[/ QUOTE ]

The fellow between Holman and Leno is George Stauffer, who indeed owns Mk IV #J-4 (1967 Sebring-winning car #1), as well as the 1966 Le Mans-winning GT40 Mk II #1046. George has wheeled and dealed through a mind-boggling bunch of cars over the years including an original Cobra Daytona Coupe, a dozen or more GT40s, a similar number of 427 Cobra Street Comps and full comp cars, a D-type Jag, Porsche 962, and I can't remember what else. WHEW! And in contrast to the reputations of some owners and dealers of these very high end cars, George remains a right-nice fella to deal and/or just BS with. He has always been very approachable at the tracks and has also gone out of his way to carry on the history of the legendary Shelby competition cars through his authorship and publication of a magnificant book on the Cobra Daytona Coupe as well as organizing the 30th Anniversary GT40 Reunion at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin in 1994.

I see where Christie's auctioned the new Ford GT # 10 at Monterey (Ford is keeping # 1-9) for $ 557k.
Anyone have any idea who bought it?

MikeD

Hey Mike, Ford GT#10 is in my hangar right now. Why do you ask? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I've been to Holman Automotive in Charlotte, NC several times and talked with Lee and his guys. That sure looks like the back of his head, his glasses and he is fairly tall.

Regards,
Lynn

Back