Hershal's Car In Kit Car

Re: Hershal\'s Car In Kit Car

Good looking Mk IV. I didn't realize that someone was replicating it. Who is the Manufacturer?

Does Kar Kraft have a web site? Otherwise, how does one contact them? Thanx.....

Boodrow,

Jim is pulling your leg as Kar Kraft built the original mark IV's, as his is serial number J6. He is one of the few lucky ones that post her that has ...let me say (a non replica) car.

I got it!!! I guess the joke is on me (duh). I'm sorta new at this. However, a replica GT40 Mk IV......still seems like a good idea to me.

According to the article, the car is owned by some guy named Herschel Byrd, and the engine has Performer RPM heads. I thought Hershal's car had Victor Jr. heads.

Must be someone else's car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jim - that wasn't very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hersh - Congrats again, gotta go grab the issue!

Ian

Hey Richard,
Thanks for the quick education. I guess it still stands..if things seem too good to be true...they are!

I was all set to continue the charade and post a followup talking about the ill-fated Kar Kraft effort which only produced about 10 cars before Ford forced it to shut down production, but Richard was a little too fast to set things straight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. (J1-J8). 2 Agipou can am's. and 2 spare tubs that were built into replica's by Brian Anglis. J1&J2 were destroyed.
J1 by Ford who still holds the title to J1. J2 by Holman and Moody who still has title to J2. J3-J8 still exist.
I was going to give him Kar Kraft's address. The building is still there. It's inside Ford's World Headquaters in Dearborn.
Welcome
Boodrow!

Thanx for the info. on the demise of the mk IV's. After my somewhat shakey entry into the club, you've made me feel right at home. But, I owe you one. HAHA

It is a nice spread on Hershal's car. He should be very proud of his workmanship.

Thanks Guys, for the mention of the article on my GT.
I have just returned from a ten day vacation from Key West, Florida. I had a ball. I cauaght some fish and golfed with some old friends. I didn't check this board or my e mail the whole time I was gone.So if I didn't respond to earlier posts, please forgive me.
The article was nicely done. However I was perplexed over the fact that when the pictures were taken of my car, they were pictures of the paint work that I did, not Gordon Levy. Gordon did repaint the silver portion on my GT several months later. I just don't know how they knew that unless they called Gordon before the article was printed and he informed them of this. The article also mention the Horsepower and torque figures in reverse. It's 425 HP at 365 foot pounds of torque.
They also spelled my name wrong, but hey, that's not hard to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The Kit Car guys were great and they were very good at what they do.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is now another Kar Kraft in business in Michigan doing some restoration with Boss 429 mustangs and selling some late model high performance parts. Search for them by Kar Kraft on Yahoo or similar search engine

Hersh,
I read and enjoyed the Kit Car magazine article. Good job! One thing I was wondering though. I saw the part about the car doing a 12.0 sec. quarter mile. Was this just a misquote by an over zealous magazine reporter? I know the Brits have a hard time getting a 12.0 with a high power motor and slicks.

Hi Gary,
I have no idea where that info came from. I still don't know how well my GT would do in the 1/4 mile. At R&G on my first pass, I lugged it out of the start and then shifted into 5th from 2nd. By the time I got it back into third I was still able to win the race agaist a cobra on heads up. I turned a 14:03 at 103MPH. If I could have made another run I truly believe that I would have turned in the low 12's. As soon as I repair the rear clip and the trans I will give it another go.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS... Gary, You must come to R&G next year, we need more GT's there.

Would love to go. Rick (Red GTD) asked me to go with him, but I did not have enough notice to get out of work. Next year!

Hershal,

Next time you (or anyone on this forum) get wind of someone wanting to do a magazine write-up of you car, I'd suggest you write the copy yourself. Most of these writers really like it when something is handed to them.....some have preciuos little time, others you'd think were just plain lazy. Do so as if you were the reader; capture their interest with a good balance between tech stuff and unique or humorous quips. Anyway, at least the spelling of you name and engine or performance specs are likely to be published correctly. It can't hurt, even if they don't use some or any of what you've done (but chances are they will). FWIW

BTW Hershal, what's up with your trannie?

Andy

Back