1969 GT40 detail info request

Hi all,

new in the group. Mainly out of modeling related interest.
I am looking for some detailed info on the 1969 GT40 Le Mans winning car. May sound stupid, but so far I couldn't lay my hands on these details. First the three lights on the doors and rear. What do they look like? They seem to be blanked off in some way. Also the wiper, has anyone a pic of this. A portion was chromed, but again no relevant details.
I am currently converting a 1/18 Universal Hobbies model, has the PE parts and decals already and found the paint references here on the board.
Any help much appreciated,

David

Send me your e-mail address to my e-mail address ( CAVGT40 at cox.net ) and I will return some of the photos I took at Monterey this year of 1075.

Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply. Found those pics already. About the lights, they seemed to illuminate the racing numbers from what I understood,

David

David

I'm pretty sure that the image below is the light you're looking for as used on the Le Mans cars. This is the painted version. The chrome version is now pretty scarce. They stand 1 1/2 inches proud of the bodywork, are around 2 1/4 inches long and 1 1/4 inches wide. and yes they light the roundels up at night.

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

• 29256-racinglight.jpg
    29256-racinglight.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 259
Rob,

thanks a million, just what I was looking for. Now I just have to scratchbuild them...in 1/18. Will be a lot easier with that good info,

cheers
David

Back