GT40's in Texas?

GT40\'s in Texas?

Greetings to all! Just joined the group. The GT40 in the Gulf racing colors is the first car that I have concious memory of, and as I get older, I think the time may be approaching to have one.

So, my question is: are there any GT40 owners in Texas, especially in the Houston area?

Re: GT40\'s in Texas?

Pat Barry and SPHameka are some RF owners who live in Houston.

Tom, welcome to the forum! Like you, one of my first car memories is of the Gulf cars, specifically the Gulf TV commercials showing the GT40s racing, with the tagline "Drive with experience."

If you're free on February 28, you ought to consider driving over to Austin for the fifth annual Texas Cobra Club meeting. Somewhere around 80 Cobra replicas, at least one original Cobra, a couple of GT40s, and several SPF Daytona Coupes are signed up to attend. It is a great event with a bunch of tremendous people from several states. Click on this thread for more info:

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=30280&Main=29805#Post30280

I have an ERA and live in the Memorial area. If the weather's decent this weekend, I'll be out in the car if you want to meet somewhere. I was going to go up and see Pat's build last weekend but between the superbowl traffic and cruddy weather it didn't leave the garage.

Chuck Ward

It was crummy weather! Still getting a few last minute things done before I prime paint. I would really like to have this thing finish-painted before 28 Feb!

Devin

Supporter

Pat...

Don't hurry/rush the paint process if it isn't going to ready in time.

You can spend months (literally) on getting the final primer ready for paint.

I did my own paint job on the cobra and thought I did a pretty good job on the primer/prep work but realize and see some places I should have spent a little more time on getting it a little better and more smooth.

Good luck on it and hope you can make it by then eventhough I contradict myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Are you doing the final paint?

Chuck, thanks very much for the offer. We'll have to see what the weather looks like--so far, it's supposed to be good...

Oh, I'll be doing my own painting. I am already committed to having to do more body work after the primer, but as you say, I know I will find stuff that I won't have seen until after I prime. But that's okay. I know I can paint, it'sjust getting everything ready and right first.

Back