MoTec Reference Sensor

I have the MoTec engine wiring installed but the connector for the reference sensor on the wiring loom is a two-prong male FI type, and the reference sensor itself is a three-prong female fitting. The pins on the sensor are much larger, also. The part number on it is F58E-12A112-A2D, do I have the wrong sensor or do I need some addapter?

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Pat,

I will phone you on Tuesday regarding this. I need the advise of Chris my electrician. As I remember the crank sensor is a three prong item in the US and only a two prong item in Australia. Chris has made a patch loom for it and corrected the situation but I must talk with him, therefore Tuesday.

Best wishes,

Robert

Monday night my time (Tuesday morning yours) I will be home after about 7PM Eastern US. After that I will be traveling so call on my cell.

PS We just matted the engine and transmission. I will post pictures tomorow.

As always Thank you - how long are you going to be on West Coast?

Robert I also have a couple of other questions.
The liquid line for the a/c from the chassi to the compressor does not match the connection on the compressor - is there an adaptor?
Where do you recomend attaching the grounding terminal for the engine and MoTec grounds?
On LHD does the MoTec connector for harness A & B go on the right side or left side, as with the RHD?

Thank

Back