Hey, what ever happened to....

What was the story on the guy that was the Roaring 40's distributor before Hershel... wasn't it Gordon Levy? Did Robert ever elaborate on what went awry with that deal? Just curious...seems as though they were waiting on resolution through the legal system or something? Does anyone know what really happened? Anyone care to speculate?

mardyn

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to speculate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're so interested in this matter, I'm sure you recall Robert Logan's statement that he would disclose the facts after the legal issues were settled. The fact that he has not said anything suggests that the legal dispute is still in play. As for speculation, that is best left off of a public forum out of respect to Gordon levy and Robert Logan. Absolutely nothing good would come of it, as there are always two sides to every story. To prove my point, I note that you have already made yourself look like an ass by starting this thread in the first place.

Maintaining good relations consistantly between a manufacturer and their reps is not easy.
That's one reason some manufacturers forgo reps
and sell direct, as we've seen in the GT40 market.

Each business is unique, and if the relationship
is not "win-win" for both parties, it's best to part.
And like a divorce, some are amicable seperations,
while others get pretty ugly. But at least the lawyers
make out...

MikeD

Since the RF is at the top of my short list for a future purchase... I just wanted to know what happened... I think it's a legit question... You calling me an ass for asking is assinine in itself... grow up.

mardyn

The litigation between Levy Racing and Roaring Forties will have absolutely no effect on how we are doing business. If you have an interest in our product I will be glad to help you as much as possible. Send me an e mail and I will answer all your questions regarding an RF product.
This litigation does not effect RF or Levy Racing in their daly business practice. Their disagreement will be settled in court and both will still be around to continue doing business in the future.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
mardyn,

David,

I am not allowed to discuss the matter because of the pending court case. I am very dissapointed that the wheels of the courts are taking so much time but I want my day in court to deal with this matter.

As I have stated some time ago I will tell the story (well my side of it anyway) when I am able to.

I am trying to deal with the case expidisiously (can not spell) as I am sure that this situation can be off putting to potential owners of our cars. All I can do is to reassure that I will fully support my product as I have always done and that ordering a car today has NO problems associated with it.

Best wishes,

Robert

Thanks guys for the replies and appreciate the info. I've heard nothing but glowing reports on the RF product and the job Hershal has done thus far representing the car here in the U.S. Sorry if I touched a nerve by proposing the question.

David Berry (mardyn)

Mardyn, please accept my apology for my earlier post. I should have assumed that your questions were earnest and that no ill will was intended.

Although I've owned two Mustangs and like this guy's paint scheme, I will endeavor to keep my e-thuggery in check.

1domesticEthug%5b1%5d.jpg

Back