RF IN KITCAR MAGAZINE

Hi all,

For those of you who are interested in the RF, Ian Hyne (Kitcar magazine) is writing a 2 page editorial on the car in the September edition, which comes out in August.

In addition to this, it now looks highly likely that Robert and I will be providing Kitcar with a complete kit so that they can feature an actual build in subsequent magazines.

Best wishes,

Rick Chattell
07771 844884

Thanks Murray,

I notice that your car is in Gulf colours. Can I be rude enough to ask where you got the painting done, what you think about the job and how much it cost?

I would love a couple of pictures if that is possible! If you have digital ones, could you send them to [email protected]

Thanks

Rick (no life!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check the magazine when it comes out.

Have fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John

Hi Rick

I saw your posting and I have had my GTD 40 painted in Gulf colours last year.

The work was done down Exeter way where the car was being worked on. I am hopefully picking it up this weekend and when I do I'll forward you the details.
The colour scheme looks good in person, the only thing being on mine is the front orange stripe is at a bit of a right angle and not curved. However, at Goodwood Festival Of Speed, Ford had an original GT40 in gulf colours and that too had the orange stripe at a right angle.

I got in contact with Gulf Oil Lubricants in the uk and the marketing director sent me the gulf stickers. I'll dig out the email address but if you want to just give them a ring, I found them very helpful. The orange on the stickers is slightly different to the stripe on the car, so you may prefer to go with a match with the stickers if you can get hold of them.

Here is a picture of the car.

Attachments

• 40027-untitled.jpg
    40027-untitled.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 268
Back