The New CAV - Auto Futura

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to pass along a pleasant experience I recently had that I feel given past posting merits open discussion.

As you may recall, I acquired one of the last CAV GT's in January 2004; #67 from Bob Lacy. I felt that I knew most of the story & that was all I needed to know at the time.

Well, after getting my car running, I had experienced a few 'sorting' issues. My Dealer; Mitch Hughes in Mustang Oklahoma was extremely responsive, even picking the car up at my house in his enclosed trailer & taking back to his shop, some 200 mile on his nickel. I tired to help and was given a lot of support from fellow forum members Ian Clark, Gary Gibbs in addition to Robert Logan of RF (what a gentleman!) & Frank Catt. I also thought, what the heck, I'll message the new folks that took over CAV; Auto Futura. I noticed their website was up & running & there were new e-mail I/D's; [email protected]

To my pleasant surprise in less than 24 hours I had a quick reply & some advice. Ran into another issue, ditto! Decided to inquire as to the electrical gremlin I was having! BAM got an answer ASAP. A few more questions, and I got a schematic and four (4) hi-res pictures to walk the dealer & me through how to correct the deficiency. Now, we’re on the last issue; the temp of the air out of the vents. Once I know what that is we can call it good.

I am sure it took these fellows some time to pick up the pieces and re-start the operation, but was told the person who did the wiring on the CAV's like mine was now on their staff. What a relief!

I look forward to a renewed sense of excitement & satisfaction with my car. There are a couple of safety issues that Frank Catt had told me about that are getting corrected and I will be back in the drivers seat.

Just wanted to pass along some kind words of appreciation for all of the management & craftsman and other fine folks at Auto Futura and am looking forward to their service & support. I believe there will be a steady business in providing spare & upgrades to the existing CAV owners.

>>>John Spence, thank you for your kindness & consideration! I do appreciate it<<<

Back