shipping to usa

is it cheaper to ship from the uk to the east coast or from australia/ new zealand to west coast

Hiya,

I use a shipping agent called Patrick Knibbs from Southern Cross.

You will find him on +44 208 7515844.

He is excellent and will answer your questions for you.

Rick

I assume you are looking at one of the manufactures that are in the U K and Australia. Look around the forum to make sure there is no U S agent. Contact an oowner of the brand(s) you are considering. They can tell you loads.
Bill

[ QUOTE ]
is it cheaper to ship from the uk to the east coast or from australia/ new zealand to west coast

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're shipping to New England by container ship, it's cheaper to ship it to Quebec, Canada and move the container to Boston by truck, than it is to have the container go by ship directly to Boston. Apparently the difference is because of port fees and labor costs (at least this was the case in 2000).

I ended up going with a Tornado kit. It will run me $1500.00 to get a roller sent to east Tennessee from the UK. The other kit I was considering was the DRB. Which would have ran me a little more than $3500.00. And you may be able to tell from my location, that I am closer to the east coast.

Hope this helps a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back