GT40 Posters

Dan Gurney has a neat one of himself and the Mark IV. He's at All American Racers. I have one that he autographed for me. I was fortunate to interview him at SIR (Seattle).

Have fun!

John

Hi

I have just received the poster shown below from Alain Boudoin in France - It shows every GT40 (+ the Lola GT) raced at Le Mans between 1963 and 1969. Alain has painted similar themes for different marques and is always at Le Mans - he even saw the Lola GT race in 1963! Although these are for sale at the Le Mans museum (40 euros), you can buy them cheaper from him direct (30 euros to the UK including shipping). Not sure of the shipping to NZ.

They are limited to 300 and are signed and numbered - I was lucky enough to get #63 (year of the Lola) and #69 (year of the 4th Le Mans win)

Alain's email is [email protected].

GT40poster.jpg

There may be the odd decal missing from a few of the cars but it is a striking piece.

I am not connected with Alain in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

What's the size of your poster? Just wondering if you have a larger scan of this image that you might be able to send over email. It certainly looks like an excellent piece, but I'd like to have a closer look before putting some money down.

Thanks a lot,
Rob

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Rob B,

That is a great poster (whether the detail is that good or not), I think I will be ordering myself one.

Rob K,

I think if it was scanned & distributed at much higher resolution it could be entering the grounds of copyright infringement. As it is I guess it could be questionable, but hardly reproduceable quality, and likely to generate more sales. Maybe Rob B could get away with scanning just one of the cars, to provide a sample of the detail?

Ron,

I was going to move this thread to the Memorabilia section, but don't seem to be able to do that (presumably as I am not a moderator of this forum just the other one). Could you do that for me?

Max

Hi Max

I emailed Rob K yesterday to say If he contacted Alain, I'm sure he would be happy to scan perhaps one car showing 1:1 detail for anyone interested. By the way, I forgot to mention the size - it's about 24" x 17", and printed on heavy glossy black paper.

Cheers

Rob

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I haven't seen the other posters, but I have the Chadwick photographs. They are very sharp and clear, and in addiiton to having lots of GT40s in them are kind of neat in that they are contact prints from a Cirkut camera, which makes a huge negative. Doug is one of the few people still using a Cirkut, for as long as Kodak or whoever make the film. His efforts deserve support- he is a good photographer and he is helping keep an almost-lost art alive.

Back