RF options

Ron McCall

Supporter
Is the price for the Gulf flares installed on the body or seperate?
Is there room to use a bigger rear tire than what is on the cars in the pictures on the website without the Gulf flares? Is it just me or do they seem very small?
Can the cars be safely lowered more than they appear in the website photos.If so,how much?
What is the wait time at the moment on a "turn key minus"?
Thanks,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Larger tires will indeed fit in the rear arches. Most of Robert's cars have 255/50-16 wheels and tires - you can get bigger to fit if you can find them. They can also be lowered quite a bit too as the coil overs are completely adjustable, I know because I had a kit and sold it - both of these items were on my list of things to change. Just don't put some big tacky 17 or 18s all polished out with 40 series tires on there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ron

The flares are installed on the body when you receive it. Robert uses a wheel with more off set outward with the gulf flares. We are using Kumho 265/45/16 on my blue car and Phil's car. They make a Victor competition and a street tire. This leaves about a 10 inch wide foot print. I don't believe anyone is absolutely sure when the first cars will be shipped, but I'm sure you will hear it on the forum. Ron the of one lap of America sounds great. We are a competitive group here. My business partner is headed to Rambling Roads as we speak, with 2 Formula Mazda's for the week end. SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE FUN

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, the One Lap looks good. Problem is, I just checked the schedule and this year, 2005, it is coming South and would be perfect. They are at VIR, my home track, and Roebling Roads too, close by. Dang it! That means next year they'll be off in BFE, somewhere out west.

I had not the opportunity to go to Roebling Roads yet. Have you been there? We heard from the SAAC members that it is a real neat track. We will have two RF cars at Nashville Super Speedway Memorial Day week end. Hope we can get some other folks to join in.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Does anyone have any pictures of a RF car with different wheels on it ?
Maybe some 17" BRMs with 335s and Gulf flares.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm not sure they do them, but I'm sure Hershal and Robert will chime in. I was thinking that RF stuck to the more traditional sizes, 15 and 16 inch, that look really correct and good on the car. There are some new large 15" tires coming from a big manufacturer I'm told via anonoymous sources....

Back