CAV in Auto Show now.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Big hi to all GT40 enthusiasts living within a two hour drive of Toronto. As a quest of Ford Motor Company, CAV Canada is particpating in the 2005 Canadian International Auto Show. AutoShow Link

I plan to attend evenings through next week and will be around on the weekends too. So come on down, be great to meet Forum members face to face.

By the way J6s' Ferrari 330P4 and MkIV are on display here too. Fabulous cars.

Cheers

Attachments

• 52469-Tc.jpg
    52469-Tc.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 284

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ian, how come if we live more than two hours from Toronto we aren't invited. Does the world still stop at Belleville? Is that why I never got a reply to my info request to you last fall? If I can figure out how to get there in two hours, I'll try to look you up. Nice car, by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nice idea Chris! If it wasn't a foot off the ground undergoing a brake rebuild (oh yeah, there's that small matter of snow - white cars just disappear you know...). Turns out it goes like stink and stinks at stopping! See why I need a GT40? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There MUST be another way to get to TO in 2 hours...

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
VIA what??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think even in the snow with bad brakes I could beat the train! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mark, hahahahah you win. Heck, I've flown halfway around the world in my quest. There's probably 10 million people living within a two hour drive, hope to see you there.

Cheers

Attachments

• 52478-T2c.jpg
    52478-T2c.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 282

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ian,
I win? You're the one with the GT40. I'd say you win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will try to get there. I am eager to have a closer look. From everything I see, you produce a superb product. Great photos. Cheers.

The MK IV does nothing for me. A great piece of history to see but lacks the curve lines of the MK 1 and MK 2.

Canuk40

The pictures of the CAV with Ford GT in the background are really great. Regret Toronto is just too far from California to visit.
Great show.

John Place

There is a problem with MKIV's (and T70's as well) that I sort of figured out a while back. They do not photograph well from certain angles. T70's and MKIV's look like vans in pictures, but if you parked one next to a Porsche 914, the Porsche looks bigger, taller, etc.
These race cars are close to go-cart in size, and look much, much cooler in person than in a photo. The rear deck lids come up to your upper thigh when standing next to it.
Beautiful cars in person !

Back