Mk IV

can maybe someone explain me a little about replicas of the Mk IV gt40?.
I see here a guy has one, just would like to know a little more (manifacturers..prices..engines).
Thank u guys

Paul-Italy

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Umm, It's not a replica. It's easy to assume that everything is a replica because there are so few origina GT40s, but Jim's yellow MK IV is an original. Perhaps if it didn't look so damn good... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

aha...didnt know that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.....was really too nice in look (and usually the best replicas are often nicer than originals...I saw that on Cobra, here in Milano we had for some years a silver 289,and was really worst in look than all the replicas,and worst painted..).

Jim's one is wonderful.
This anyway means that replica world miss it (anyway i have foud a Mk4 in www.mobile.de and that seem a replica at all..)? Am I right?.

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RCR will be displaying a replica MK4 body at Carlisle in May...it fits on our aluminum monocoque tub too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yes,there is a 'replica' for sale in Belgium for a while.
It does not have road papers to my knowledge and the engine was a chevrolet V8.
However looking at the seller website it says different.
www.mecanicimport.com
You may call the owner with my compliments Mr de Biolley.

Rgds
fred

Keith

Hey Fred! Mr de Biolley doesn't seem to be listing anywhere near the same number of classics he had this time last year. Market not so good?

Fran Hall's MK IV body as shown at Carlisle Show.
I'm sure he'll post better pictures soon on his website.

MikeD

Attachments

• 58131-RCRMKIV.JPG
    58131-RCRMKIV.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 347
Fran Great job. I must have another one. I thought the SP car was going to be it but now...

Back