DRB # 17 Sold

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"My baby has gone to a new home!"-- sob ,sob, sniff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We sure had some times together and then some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I was hoping that the business would be sold first so I didn't have to use the car as the sacrificial lamb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
The business --Toolmaking and Plastic Injection moulding isn't earning enough play money at the moment--as its more convenient for the customers to go to China or India to get this kind of work done
So ,until I regroup --I'll be itchin' for something to race by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow, sorry to hear that Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Buggar. Remember mate there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Know what you mean about offshore labour my, new NIKI cross trainers were made guess where? in China!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifDid not effect the price to me though just the margin to Niki.

Keith

Yeah, sorry to hear that also. I'm quite sure you're understating the pressure you're under otherwise you would have laid it up 'till things got better. We also feel the pressure "from the East" here in the UK but because most firms here have set up over there anyway, it's only the workers who are feeling the pinch (don't we always. Good luck for the future mate, and don't give up on getting it all back!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow! You sold your love! That is very sad news. So who is the lucky new owner?
Chris I bet you're going to build another soon, right?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Chris this is sad news.I was hoping to be on the track with you one day.On the business front, my reaction to the Chinese invasion is "when they start making it I get out of making it".I used to build amplifiers until they halved my price. Nowdays I build boxes for speakers, not because it's
economic but because I have components to use up.Let me know if I can help you in any way to get in to another 40.
Regards Ross

I knew it was for sale, but the implications have only really hit me now that it is gone...

I know you will find something else to race. And you always have that Cobra, if you can ever get your hands on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel glad that least I got the opportunity to go for a few joy rides. Will remember them for a very long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, you will have plenty of great memories with that car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ahh! the memories---The 5000klm round trip to Melbourne,Adelaide and back to Brisbane during a very hot xmas break. Matching an opponent at 170klm through a right hand sweeper then feeling the body lift as it winds out to 250klm before an eye popping slow down at the 100M mark into a hard right turn and catching the tail enders across the finish line,emerging on the podium in a sweat drenched race suit.Yeaahh! (now I'm holding back the tears)

A very big thanks to all the guys that helped me along the way to acheive this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ross, it was my dream to race with you -- just to help blow the doors off some of those Cobras if nothing else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for all the kind words Chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On to "regrouping"---maybe a Lola T70 or something?

Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What a shame! That has to be one of the sharpest looking GT-40s I've seen in a while.

Did you have any more pictures of it? I've only seen a couple here and there....you're also using the same drivetrain configuration I am.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Pics hmmm?

Attachments

• 60375-gt40@pace006.jpg
    [email protected]
    38.7 KB · Views: 457

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, nice pics. Any idea what the red car in the background of the last pic is? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dont dispare Chris she has gone to a good home. And looking forward to trying her out on the track & cruising around the roads. From what I have read I have a lot to live up to. I only hope my driving skills match the car that Chris has built.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hey! Welcome to the fold Greg.I think she's gone to a better home than she had in the first place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Good Luck and enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back