Race Results 3rd round of Championship

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes I got the 40 back together in time for the meeting at Phillip Island at the weekend.I'd like to thank Robert Logan
for donating a new upright and lower control arm,however after a meeting with him he declined any sponsorship and I'm pleased at least I know where I stand.
I decided to check the car out and entered friday practice.I didn't get to the track until lunchtime as some rotten person helped themselves to the lights off the trailer and I had to get replacements before the journey.On the track the car seemed ok and this was pleasing.Saturday morning qualifying went well but I didn't try hard enough and ended up with 19th starting position.The first race in afternoon I got a brilliant start and made places.The race had been shortened to 4 laps from 6 and I only got to complete 1 before the throttle jammed open and I had to retire.I pulled up on the pit road to check and found the throttle plates jammed open and I disconnected the outer cable which released the throttle and pulled on the cable to get back to my pit.After a lot of checks I found a stone jammed under the accelerator pedal.Damn how such a small thing put me out of the race.To sunday morning race and I'm starting from rear of grid.Great start again and jumped all the tail enders back to a decent spot.Finished 14th and very pleased to be back finishing races.Lap time 1min 48.6sec.Sunday arvo and the feature 10 lap race I got another good start and pushed hard to find I had left the Daytona cobra 6L Gen3 behind by quite a bit.However on the last lap I was still pushing hard and had a spin at southern loop.I recovered quickly and got back on track ahead of the Daytona but he got past me and I finished 1/2 sec behind him in 12th spot.This might seem like a lowly spot but I'm happy and on course with developement and I have a new personal best lap time of 1min 47.1sec a new personal best and one whole second off previous time by my driving.GREAT! Sorry no video this time.Next race July keep you posted.
Ross

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ross,

Congratulations on the results. I was at Abby Sound on Friday late morning and it was closed. I thought you must have been at Phillip Island. I was glad to hear about the Daytona and the fact that you beat her home, WELL DONE !!!!

Regarding sponsorship, I think that Ross is doing a great job but I hope to gey our own car on the tracks soon. As I explained to Ross, the monies can only go so far. Even our race car has had to be put on hold because of the time and monies that I have invested into the South African project.

Ross , again very well done.

Best wishes,

Robert

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ross, congratulations, good to see you back on track.
Very nice of you to let your younger brother pose with your car for the Avatar pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back