GTD/CAV GT40 Build Manual

Ron Earp

Admin
Andre Loubser sent me a build manual for GT40s that he had written. It is not entirely complete, but it might be useful for those of you involved in builds without manuals. Since the first CAV space frames were essentially GTDs then the manual might be of some use in building GTD like cars which would encompass just about everything out there.

It might be that one industrious person would like to go through and add pictures of his/her GT40 build and make a complete public domain style manual. In fact, that would be a really neat thing to have available for users since the replicas really are more similar than they are not.

Thanks for posting this Ron. As we continue our build on our GTD I'll try (and I do stress "try") to photograph any helpful steps. I'm not sure how helpful our photos might be, however, our car is a very early GTD I'm told (1991).

Juan

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Forum Members,

I have been informed by Auto Futura that this manual was associated with the first CAV space frames and should be distinguished as such. Furthermore, the manual is considered property of Auto Futura since they purchased the remains of CAV and thus should not be made available as public domain. Therefore, I will remove the manual from this thread to avoid any further confusion.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
I am pretty sure he was, but I don't know that for a fact. Auto Futura wrote me and asked that I take the manual down so I have done as they have asked as they are probably the owners of it - I'm not going to try and figure that one out although there are some that could benefit from it I am sure. The manual has been deleted.

Ron

Hi Everybody

There seems to be some confusion re the build manual.We are simply trying to avoid someone using a manual or assembly sequence,which could be incorrect and/or obsolete.A subsequent suspension failure or the likes would then surely be blamed on Auto Futura,manufacturers of the CAV GT.

We would however offer our assistance and guidance to anybody who might need help with their CAV GT40's.

Regards

Jean and John

Ron Earp

Admin
My thoughts on this manual were that it might help those builders that have ben orphaned - Sabre, old GTD cars, NZ car, or cars than never had a build manual in the first place. Some things are basic to all GT40s and it could be used in that way. I really didn't think a CAV owner would need such a thing as most purchased turn key cars anyhow. Anyway, Jean is right in that some might think the manual represents current CAV production, even though it does not and the companies are different and not to be confused with CAV of California.

Ron

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have a good copy of a GTD manual and will copy it and send it to anyone who is building a GTD and needs it. Please send me a email and a picture of your build in progress. Cost is free but you pay postage. Please DO NOT ask for one if you do not have a GTD in your garage. I cannot supply everyone who would like one for the hell of it.

Hi Howard I have aquired a CAV GTD Chassis and body parts, All new Number stamped on Chassis is CAV 0008180425 SKRRE. My email address is [email protected]
I would very much like a build manual to assist me in building the car as i have said I have only taken delivery of parts today. I don't mind paying you for your trouble as this would be a great help to me.
regards
Paul

I sent a pdf copy of the GTD build manual to the GTD club. In the website revamp, it seems to have gone. Maybe Paul Thompson could make it available again?
Simon

Spot on Simon :thumbsup:

Just spent the last 30 mins or so updating the Club Website with the official GTD Build Manual as 3 pdf files that can be downloaded.

They are located in the Magazine section and you'll need to register as a club member to view / download them. (it's FREE and you'll not receive unsolicited mail)

Thanks again are due to Simon for the scanning and to 'Mr GTD', Ray Christopher for allowing it's inclusion.

Any problems in viewing - let me know..

Hi guys, What am i doing wrong? Just clicked on the pdf links onthe website and got a file not found error message.

Can anyone help?

HI I was hoping to download this also, ( and get the same message file not found ) As it look more complete then the 1 I got with My car. Plus I think there are some pages missing in this 1. Thanks

Back