GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > General GT40s Discussion > All GT40

All GT40 GT40 and Ford GT Talk - All the time!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2005, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ron Earp
Administrator
United States

GT40: None.
GT40 North America

What happened to GT40 North America? I had someone ask me about the company this AM and I didn't have any information to tell them. I don't know the entire story with the company, it was complicated, but it appears that the company has gone out of business. Any other info?

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 9th October 2005, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alain V
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: sold them both!
Re: GT40 North America

I still have the yellow car ,chassis #4,,,,but don't have the typing skills to write all I know.
Haven't heard from them in over a year now.

The last time I was at the shop was May of 04.
At the time they had finshed car number 6, I think or maybe 7.
Shortly after that, Derrick Walker's shop stopped building them and I heard that the molds/tooling were sitting at C&R radiator across the street.

I tried calling Buddy a number of time since then (as he was the only one who truly seemed to care more about the cars, then B/S & marketing hype) ,,,,,but no one ever returned my calls.

I think it might have something to do with the two page fax I sent them listing all the thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours, I spent sorting out and fixing my car into one that was finally driveable & dependable.
They asked what I thought, so I was honest & sent them a list of all the things I had to straighten out on my car.
Nothing really too major,,,,just alot of overlooked details, (like a/c drains that ran uphill,,,,and dash the was not secured, and no a/c vents hooked up, and nothing to stop the nose & tail sections from hitting the ground when opened),,,,,,you know "little things" that I suppose are too much to expect from a car costing over $100K. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I did also get a phone call recently, from a Gent in California ( I believe) who "almost" bought one that was at the Pebble beach show. I understand he stopped payment on the check and sent the car back when it arrived, once he had a chance to troroughly inspect it.
Funny how I was able to "predict" nearly every single thing he found wrong with his almost car.

At least mine is now sorted and a nice driver. Too bad I can't afford to keep it. Heck, I can't afford to sell it either, but am going to have to &move on.

ooops, had to edit for spelling.....told you I was a bad typer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10th October 2005, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guanzo
Rookie
United States

Re: GT40 North America

Last I heard they were bought by a company called LA West out of La Grange Indiana.