Stereo

My car came with the stereo upgrade. however I listen mostly to AM talk.
Much to my surprise I get almost no reception on AM. I live in the LA area and my other cars don't have this problem.
Lack of an exterior antenna or maybe the antenna isn't hook up at all? Any comments before I ripp out the stereo to check would be helpful.

Thanks, Steve

Stereo ,you've got to be kidding, AM its not even broadcast in stereo, so in essence a $4000 AM radio, or you could turn it off and listen to the music behind your right shoulder perhaps. Its too bad Ford back in the 60's used to offer a radio delete, now that would be period correct don't ya think.

Hey guys...
What about satellite radio? I have a very small antenna on my vehicle and aside from some long underpasses it works just fine. Also Chris, we have some N.Y. area stations out here that are broadcasting in stereo, although the reception is not up to par with F.M. or satellite.
Regards
Phil

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Steven,

Return it to the dealer and demand a DB9 like Clarkson did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris, as you might know this is '06 not '66 and Ford is very proud of their stereo upgrade that came with the car for an additional $3500. You might also know that I live in So. Cal and that gives me two basic choices. 1) go to the "hood" hang with my homies, crank the tunes and thump the sub woofer or 2) drive from job site to job site while listening to Rush on talk radio and scheme of new ways of keeping my foot on the neck of the working man while holding him down. All I was asking was does anyone alse have a lack of reception when tuned into AM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
As for the music behind me, again this is LA and that means the best I can hope for is to look good while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. However I am having the Borla exhaust installed so I can better here " it" as I repeatedly push the clutch in and out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LOL, Steve

[ QUOTE ]
Steven,

Return it to the dealer and demand a DB9 like Clarkson did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkson is a dumbass! Instead of returning the car I'm think class action lawsuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I guess before I call someone a dumbass I should check my grammar. (thinking) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I had the same problem in my 911. The antenna is in the windscreen. Plenty of FM but almost no AM reception. Like you I listen to AM talk stations mostly when driving.

As has been suggested before, my problem was simply that the power feed to the antenna booster wasn't hooked up.

Back