Can one get a 6' 3" in a GT40? ....I believe so !

Can one get a 6\' 3\" in a GT40? ....I believe so !

Hi all GT40 lovers.Attached please find the pics proving that tall drivers will fit the new CAV GT.With a 4" ground clearance, the overall height is still 40".( see the next posting for second photo )

Attachments

• 69359-Lananextto.JPG
    69359-Lananextto.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 477
Re: Can one get a 6\' 3\" in a GT40? ....I believe so !

Second photo....

Attachments

• 69361-Lanainside.JPG
    69361-Lanainside.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 432

So, how did you do it as compared to the earlier monocoques? Or does she just have really long legs?

Hi Partick
We had to do two things: we lowered the seat area/floorpan with an inch and then also redesigned the seats to find another inch.The rails were removed and a sliding mechanism designed wereby we could avoid the seat being raised due to the rails. Attached photo shows the floorpan. As Roy Sales commented:" 6'5" no problem "......

Attachments

• 69396-DSCF0226.JPG
    69396-DSCF0226.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 384

Boy its great to see a manufacturer invest in marketing as much as engineering well done guy's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

But surely this is more approprietly posted in the CAV corner or the manufacturer announcemnet areas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wrongforum.gif

Awesome! I'm 6'5" and I never thought I had a chance to fit in these cars.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

We have had a 6'5" 280lb guy in our RCR cars with no issus at all and room to spare....NO DROP FLOOR OR GURNEY BUBBLE

I notice the picture is a of a tall girl sitting in the passenger seat.
Obviously it's more difficult on the drivers side with pedals to contend with. Can the CAV accomodate tall drivers?

I know that the new Southern GT can as I sat in it during it's development.

My home modified KVA does the job too, so its not that difficult. I'm 6'4, quite wide, and heavier than I care to admit and have no problem at all fitting in, with a helmet, and no Gurney bubble.

Not every one will fit a given car. a tall skinny guy with a short waist might fit but a guy 5 11" with a long waist will not. There a lot of factors involved. Cars at the level of the GT and Cobra should be built to fit the guy that drives them any thing else is unsafe. if you are not comfortable you are not in control.

Attachments

• 71259-GTTerrySmall.JPG
    71259-GTTerrySmall.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 345
Re: Can one get a 6' 3" in a GT40? ....I believe so !

taller people can fit in new GT40s much easier than the originals, as most kit cars have their seats mounted about 2 to 3 inches further back, than the original cars

Julian

Lifetime Supporter

My home modified KVA does the job too, so its not that difficult. I'm 6'4, quite wide, and heavier than I care to admit and have no problem at all fitting in, with a helmet, and no Gurney bubble.

Chris,

I'd be interested to know what modifications you did, I have a Gurney Bubble ready to add and also considered dropping the floor pans on my KVA. I'm 6' tall and struggle to even drive it comfortably at present, no way I could get in there with a helmet.

By comparison I sat in Randy Grubb's CAV and was surprised how much head room there was.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Can one get a 6' 3" in a GT40? ....I believe so !

Julian

I can confirm Chris' statement
I sat in his car (I'm 6'3" 33" leg) and he had designed it around him and it is the only GT40 that I had to "streach" for the pedals.

Whatever he had done it worked! I do believe he had removed seat runners and also "hung" the steering rack as opposed to it being floor mounted

Ian

Back