Open House/Anniversary

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi All,

Seems like as good a time as any, CAV Canada will be having a couple of open house days between Christmas and New Years for forum members and anyone else who would like to drop in and see a CAV GT (or three) up close and personal.

As good Canadian hosts there will be complimentary Tim Hortons coffee and donuts for those afflicted. I'm really looking forward to meeting all GT40 enthusiasts who are able to find the time to visit.

So mark your calenders, put on your snow tires and head to Burlington on Wednesday Dec 28th and Thursday 29th from 9am till 7pm (at least). Please email or call the toll free number 866 278 4840 for directions.

Also, here's wishing everyone the best for the holidays and a happy New Year.

Cheers

Oh yeah, the anniversary part... todays the anniversary of my 39th birthday:)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Whoa!!!!

Free Timmy Ho's!!!! Might hafta make the trip over the Lewiston-Queenston and attend. Serving Timbits?

Trivia question: What connection does Tim Horton have with a component used on production GT40 Mk I's? (all Canadian and Hockey fans prohibited) It IS a bit of a stretch but nevertheless it is there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Rick,

Yes, Timbits too! Good question, I'm sure someone will come up with the answer:) Hope to see you here and bring your camera.

Cheers

I'm in!

Ian, have a Merry Christmas and all the best in health and happiness for you and your family in 2006 and best wishes to all forum members.

See you then.

Cheers

Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Rick,

The answer is: Tim Horton owned a Pantera, so there's the ZF transaxle in common. Tim Horton played in the NHL for 22 years and is in the Hockey Hall of Fame. Tim Horton Weblink

He along with Princess Diana became poster childs for why you should always where your seat belts. The passenger compartments of both Tim's Pantera and Di's Mercedes were intack after the crashes.

On a happier note, we're fitting SFI certified five point competition belts to Angelo's and Chris's CAVs this week. We've developed screw in anchors that work in the CAV firewall mounting points for the shoulder belts, I'll post pics on Tuesday.

So come on down, the open house hours going 9>9 now since guys have been asking about the evening. Hope to see you there:)

PS: Here's my cell number for directions 905 320 6309

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Correct, both used ZF transaxles. In addition to the "no seatbelts" thing it was revealed this past year that Tim also had alcohol and prescription painkillers (a defenseman, go figure) in his bloodstream per the autopsy. A shame....I did not know him but had several friends who played on the Sabres with Tim and they greatly respected his abilities and his leadership.

I knew a guy who said he bought the transaxle out of the boneyard the car went to.

rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back