Question from Germany

Hi,

I want to built a GT 40 replica.
Because the GT 40 is the greatest road legal race car ever.

My question is: Where can I find a replica supplier for germany.
The car has to become the german TÜV for road use.

Thank you

Hallo,

wer kann mir einen hersteller für GT 40 replicas nennen.
Der wagen sollte nach fertigstellung eine zulassung bekommen.

Gruß
Philip

Ciao Philip,
Superformance has an European distributor in Holland, and surely they can plate there a car for u and THEN replate it as german.
U will probably make the same iter I will do to plate a gt here in Italy,just consider if they already have an EU road plate all is much more simple.
Also for cars coming from Uk there is not such big broblems, seems neither for Q plates.
Here if u want somebody to assembly u the car...u anyway need to go to UK and MOT it there,cause is impossible any manifacturer plates that for u(I also asked some people working in Ferrari and Pagani...).

...and if someone create problems..almost here works always the "hello-my-friend-take- this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif as gift for u and family).

I saw plated this way two Radical and XTR2 here in Milano.
Cheers

Paolo

Hi Philip,

RF has a distributor in Germany also.

If you want his contact details, please either send me a personal message or call me direct on 0044 7771 844884

Best wishes,

Rick Chattell

Hallo Philip,

schon mal bei MDA geschaut? Gibts auch in Deutschland.

Wenn Du willst kannst Du gerne mal bei mir vorbeikommen und einen MDA GT40 im Aufbau ansehen./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gruss Reinhard

Hallo Reinhard,

schön zu lesen das in deutschland ein GT40 aufgebaut wird.

Klar würde ich gern mal vorbei kommen und mir alles anschauen und über den GT40 reden.

Ich bin aus Stuttgart.

Gruß
Philip

Keith

You just gotta wonder at these on-line translation services, and it may just explain why I lost an important contract in Germany a few years ago. I'm sure the boys won't mind but here it is anyway:

Reinhard said (according to Babelfish) "Hello Philip, already times with MDA looked? Gibts also in Germany. If you want can you gladly times with me go past and a MDA GT40 in the structure regard. Greeting pure hard."

To which Phillip replied: "Hello pure hard, to read beautifully in Germany the GT40 is developed. Clearly I would come times past gladly and me everything would look at and about the GT40 would talk. I am from Stuttgart."

Well Stuttgart it is then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hello Keith,

never trust Babelfish!!! This is my translation of the postings. Hope my translation is better then Babelfish!?

Hello Philip,
already had a look at the MDA? Also available in Germany.
If you like you can pass by and have a look at a MDA GT40 we are currently building.
Regards
Reinhard

This is Philips answer.

Hello Reinhard,
nice to read that a GT40 is built in Germany .
Sure will I pass by and have a look at everything and talk about the GT40.
I am from Stuttgart.
Regards
Philip

Hello Philip,

I am just 1,5 hours away from you - near Augsburg. I will send my telefon number by PM.

Regards
Reinhard

Keith

Thanks Reinhard. Yes you are right. Babelfish not to be trusted!

Good luck with your project... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I purchased my Audi 01E 6-speed transaxle from ebay.de using google language conversion. Klunky, but it worked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can get along fine speaking German - as long as I'm in a bar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rune

Supporter
Philip: I will adwise You to study this page www.sportscar.se and then contact Goran Olson. It is not so far from You to visit his factory . He produce very high quality parts, and for the Monocoque the parts is made to 100% original as they are produced from original drawings down to every details. And best of all no one can match the price.Ther scould be no problems to import the kit and get the TUV on the car.
Regards Rune (Norway)

Hi Philip,

I´m the Roaring Forties Distributor for Germany and happen to be located
very near Stuttgart-Airport.
Please do feel free to get in touch at any time so that we can discuss your
ideas and expectations while enjoying the one or other beer together:

Best wishes
Marcus

Roaring Forties Germany
Michael-Ott-Str.18
70771 Echterdingen
0177/625 1448