Gear Change Linkage

Page131 of the manual shows two horizontal rods and brackets (pictures 2.4.2 and 2.4.3) running fore and aft. There is also a rod running across the top of the gearbox. Does anyone know if these are included with the kit, or whether they were supposed to be with the gearbox? I can't seem to find them physically nor in the inventory.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Pat,

The aluminium cross bar is included in the kit, the steel selector the joins this aluminium rod to the gear selector shaft the protrudes out the left hand side of the gearbox comes with the gearbox but this needs to be modified. Except for this last part I mentioned ALL other parts are included in our kits.

Please contact me directly if I can be of more help.

Best wishes,

Robert

You're up early! My gearbox did not come with any of the linkages, so I'll have to start searching for them. Can I send you my selector shaft for modification?

I forgot toask - any hints on where might be a good place to start looking for these linkages? Or maybe you have some dimensions and I could start fabricating.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Pat,

Please contact me directly by phone and I will sort out what you want or what is missing from your gearbox. I can cover it more quickly over the phone and if I have the parts you are welcome to them.

Best wishes,

Robert

I am attaching a picture so you can see what I have. I'll call you in a bit.

Attachments

• 72373-DSC05688.JPG
    72373-DSC05688.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 325
Robert, I just spoke with Chris. When you send back the selector shaft, I would like you to include the central gear change kit also. Let me know what I owe for the parts please, no freebies accepted!

not quite on the lines of this thread but have just had my audi A8 gear box modified by nigel of thruxton sports cars and would like to say excellent job .They modified the selector from lt. to right sided with a replacement shaft and new seals Even better news the car 118# arrives at its new home fri this week! (same ******* day as the new self fit bathroom suite. just have to avoid being clean for a while!!!!!)

Back