The 1'st Roaring Forties S.V.A test

The 1\'st Roaring Forties S.V.A test

Hi all,
The S.V.A. test has been carried out on chassis no.99. It was done on Thursday 19th January, in Taunton.

Unfortunatly it failed on a few minor points, such as the reccess that the screw head sits in on the rear light lense hadnt been radiused to 2.5mm, and the head of the 6mm bolt on the underside of the heater wasnt radiused enough.

These were fixed in a few minutes. The steering wheel required a pad to be fitted for crash protection, because its mounted to the(colapsable) coloum with a solid boss. this was also sorted in a few minutes.

The examiner said the handbrake would fail due to it being only 14% efficent. The handbrake uses a Willwood caliper and was only really designed to hold a car stationary on a gradient.
I phoned Robert in Australia to let him know the out-come of the test and was told that the A.D.R. tests were now a lot stricter due to the handbrake being reclassified as an emergency brake.All new kits are now supplied with a new braking system on the back end and that he would supply at his cost one of the new Corvette based handbrake sysems.

The aftersales service that is given by Roaring Forties is yet again absolutly outstanding.

I cannot express my grattitude enough to Robert and his team at Roaring Forties enough for all the prompt assistance, advice and customer care that i have recived.

An individual on this forum seem to want to have a go at Roaring Forties. To any one thinking of getting a GT40 from Robert then ignore the stupid comments made because these cars are phenominal in every way.

The S.V.A. tester said it was the best kit he'd ever come accross.He has been a tester for a fair few years and obviously knows his stuff!!
Hopefully i'll get the retest done shortly and be on the road within weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
jerry.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: The 1\'st Roaring Forties S.V.A test

Cograts. on your car.

The comments your referenced too as stupid never were directed towards the quality of the product. It was directed towards other issues. Lets make that clear.

Oliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter

Congratulations Jerry.
Look forward to seeing the car at shows during the year.

Brian.

Nice one - look forwartd to seeing it. I know what a relief it is to get thru the test, now to get it registered.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You must be relieved jerry that you only have to rectify a few minor problems.I am also ready to put my CAV GT through the SVA next month, and am pretty apprehensive.
What tyres are you using? and what was your exhaust noise reading on the decibel meter and at what rpm was it measured?.

Hi,
Im using avon tyres-255/50-16 rear,205/55-16 front.Got the set of four for just over £300.
The noise level was 100.9 dbs @2750rpm.
The exhaust scilencers are ones i made up as im running cats for the test.
The S.V.A. test isnt one to worry over.The examiners are a friendly bunch with a wealth of experience and seem quite fair.
Are you going to use the Bristol test center? I'd recomend Taunton- I've had three kits tested there with different testers each time and been happy with the outcome.
jerry.

Jerry I will be using the Bristol test center.How did you manage to get the noise tested at 2750rpm?! According to me calculations your engine must be developing maximum power at about 4000rpm!
I have stated on my SVA appication form that maximum power is at 5500rpm.They will be testing the noise on my car at 4000rpm (3/4 maximum hp rpm). If your noise level is 100.9 at 2750rpm then I will most probably fail. I have a 400hp (flywheel) Ford V8 and standard free flowing CAV silencer.
By the way what is the speed rating of your tyres?

Hi Syed2,
Sorry i havent been able to reply sooner, but been stuck in work...
The engine revs required for the noise test was decided by the tester- the declaired max power by me was at 5500rpm, so i guess i got away lightly maybee??? the revs were based on the indicated tacho reading, but due to the injection system E.C.U.that i scourced in the uk not being able to give ther correct signal to the tacho it reads low, therefor the engine was reving higher than it actually needed to be, and was probably noisier as a result.
if you fail the noise test then its time to clip on a baked bean tin with holes punched in the bottom to your tail pipe- this has worked on many a noise test at castle coombe on action days.
cant remember what the speed rating of the tyre was(VR or ZR) but declaired top speed was only 130mph.
hope your sva preps are going well, jerry

Back